Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2023 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I'm leaving now
IMG_2698.gif

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Nice win.

The Good: Wheeler was great. Proved me wrong. Ace performance. Alvarado looked good too.

Righty bats coming through.

The bad: No homeruns. Not gonna win much with the ticky tak approach. Need bombs.

Rob T. Just not a good game manager. Could blame dusty but im sure he was told to be conservative.

The ugly: Kimbrel. Woof. Guy is a blown save waiting to happen. Needs a 3 run cushion at least.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Somebody said you got a new friend
Does she love you better than I can?

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Everyone with a hit except Marsh it looks like, at a quick glance. Consistent bats could go a long way. They have to get better at driving in runs though. I’d be curious what the relationship is between championship teams and 2 out RBI’s and AVG with RISP.

Pitching was great. Wheeler is an ace. Bullpen did it’s job

We won. Great win. Win 1 of the next 2 and onto the next series. Keep Nola on a short leash

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Nice win.

The Good: Wheeler was great. Proved me wrong. Ace performance. Alvarado looked good too.

Righty bats coming through.

The bad: No homeruns. Not gonna win much with the ticky tak approach. Need bombs.

Rob T. Just not a good game manager. Could blame dusty but im sure he was told to be conservative.

The ugly: Kimbrel. Woof. Guy is a blown save waiting to happen. Needs a 3 run cushion at least.
I think when it’s a 1-run game, you see Kimbrel earlier and wait on Alvarado. That sounds backwards but Alvarado is always going to go into the highest leverage situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad