Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: Red October (2024 Edition)

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Sidenote, but the more I dug into the bat speed data they gave us this year, the less I give a single shit what it says. It only measures at the point of contact, so we've got a bias toward swinging harder on pitches at the bottom of the zone due to arm extension.
Yeah I remember them being favorable to guys that made contact further out in front of the plate.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The issue is not Bryce. Schwarber always performs as well. The problem is that none of the right handed bats are stepping up. Probably just need one of them too. I think they are getting swept, Sanchez will pitch well though.

Reactions: BiggE

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
The last 3 playoffs I feel most comfortable when Schwarber or Harper are at the plate. The latter came up empty in games 6 and 7 last year, and a few key plate appearances here and there but overall he is a monster. Schwarber just seems like a playoff hitter and pretty clutch. Think they said he was 4th all time in playoff home runs which is crazy if true

Turner’s too streaky and is prone to chase. Same with JT. Stott, Bohm, Marsh, Nick (outside of a few games in the ATL series) leave a lot to be desired as far as postseason hitting goes outside a few hits here and there. The hitters just seem too prone to riding momentum which is difficult in the playoffs as pitchers have short leashes and coaches are extra cautious

Just win today and things suddenly don’t seem so dark. A loss seals their fate though

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
here's the question..say they do go out early...what do you realistically do? i don't think any of the contracts are overly moveable...sure you could spend more but at what point are you just throwing shit at the wall hoping it sticks

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
It’s not really that complicated. They need a more consistent RH bat than Turner to hit at #2 and a better RH bat to hit behind Harper at #4. The trick is going out and finding these guys. Castellanos needs to be gone in the worst way, and I wouldn’t miss Turner either but he won’t be easy to move.

Bohm, Stott & JT need to be the 5-6-7 hitters next year and they could badly use an upgrade at backup catcher. The Stubbs story needs to end.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I know they sound like excuses but shadows are terrible. Sucks every game is being played in the same time slot.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Nice to get out of that inning scoreless. With the ending to yesterday don’t want the Mets to follow up the momentum. Offense has to do something now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad