Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: Red October (2024 Edition)

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Benching Bohm for Sosa and using Stott in the 5-Hole is just baffling.

Rojas should not be playing either. I would have Wilson in. They need some f***ing offense.

Dombrowskis disastrous deadline is rearing its head.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Benching Bohm for Sosa and using Stott in the 5-Hole is just baffling.

Rojas should not be playing either. I would have Wilson in. They need some f***ing offense.

Dombrowskis disastrous deadline is rearing its head.

Sosa for stott would have made more sense. Maybe a lefty/righty thing but bohm has hit righties better anyway. Stott just looks completely lost at the plate all year

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Thomson said he’s healthy. Assuming we’re talking about Bohm.
He can say what he wants. Everyone can see the swings. They are feeble.

This is a guy that stuck with Castellanos in the '22 postseason and early this year when he wasn't even hitting his weight. I doubt very much in a pretty much must-win game he's willingly benching one of "his guys" for a guy that doesn't even have the platoon advantage (he wants the infield defense with Sanchez on the mound).

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I kinda have faith in Sosa. It feels like him and Clemens often come up big when needed. If the offense is ice cold again I’d like to see Thompson get new bats in the game even at the cost of defense. Defense doesn’t matter if the offense is anemic

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
He can say what he wants. Everyone can see the swings. They are feeble.

This is a guy that stuck with Castellanos in the '22 postseason and early this year when he wasn't even hitting his weight. I doubt very much in a pretty much must-win game he's willingly benching one of "his guys" for a guy that doesn't even have the platoon advantage (he wants the infield defense with Sanchez on the mound).

Am I crazy for thinking the chances they have a different 3B next year went up today? This just feels like a decision they don’t typically make.

Still not close to 50-50 or anything. But up.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Am I crazy for thinking the chances they have a different 3B next year went up today? This just feels like a decision they don’t typically make.

Still not close to 50-50 or anything. But up.
Nice avatar. We're 1/3 so far. Is someone going to unstick the thread and change the title back? Or are we ok with losing

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

djw99

Feb 18, 2006
well at some point you have to pull the plug on some of these guys because they just aren't that good. Stott, Bohm, marsh. None of them have really progressed. Bohm had a cup of coffee in the all star level but it seems that was the anomaly. realmuto is aging and in decline, turner is just average, harper isn't getting anything with Castellanos behind him. it's not good. this team really needs a reset and some infusion of talent. Dombrowski is going to have a hard time this offseason so I'm guessing we'll get the same team back next year and rinse and repeat.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Where does this fake Bryce Harper playoff failing narrative come from?

Aaron Judge career
Regular Season: 1.010 OPS, 27.96% Strike-out rate
Playoffs:.758 OPS (203 PA), 33.99% Strike-out rate

0-4 yesterday with 1 BB and 3 K. He hasn't had a playoff series where his OPS was above .750 since then 2019 NLDS.

Bryce Harper career
Regular Season: .911 OPS, 21.63% Strike-out rate
Playoffs: .996 OPS (215 PA), 22.32% Strike-out rate

Harper with the Phillies
Regular Season: .924 OPS, 22.34% Strike-out rate
Playoffs: 1.137 OPS, 19.84 Strike-out rate (.323/.423/.705 slash)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad