Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: Red October (2024 Edition)

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Jacob Stallings lol

Welp need a run or 2 to put the pressure on. Probably Strahm for the 10th?

Alvarado is one of the best relievers in the MLB lol
Hes a great weapon to have but Id prefer to have a true closer. I know thats the old school of thought but I think itd be better for the team to have guys slotted in more set roles out of the pen.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Hes a great weapon to have but Id prefer to have a true closer. I know thats the old school of thought but I think itd be better for the team to have guys slotted in more set roles out of the pen.
No reason to back yourself into a corner with bullpen roles. You send the guys out there that have the best chance at getting outs.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Bad loss

But given the ump show, not much you can do. Get them tomorrow.

That said, I'm still not sold on the bullpen. Would still rather have a natural proven closer and use Alvarado in setup.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Bad loss

But given the ump show, not much you can do. Get them tomorrow.

That said, I'm still not sold on the bullpen. Would still rather have a natural proven closer and use Alvarado in setup.
Who’s a “natural proven closer”?

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
No reason to back yourself into a corner with bullpen roles. You send the guys out there that have the best chance at getting outs.
I agree in the sense that it was dumb to keep throwing kimbrel out there last year when he was clearly cooked...but I also do think that there is an added pressure to pitching the 9th regardless of who is batting and certain pitchers handle it better.

Regardless...they still need to add a high end arm to the pen to really solidify the team. I just prefer it to be someone who knows how to pitch in high pressure situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad