Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: Red October (2024 Edition)

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Benching Marsh, their only hitter worth a damn, is a f***ing joke.

Meanwhile, Castellanos never gets a game off.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
“RBI Guy.”

ben-davis-3.jpg.webp

“Also, gorgeous weather for a 5 mile run.”

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Harper absolutely lost in the sauce up there. Worst AB I've seen from him in ages

Harper is absolutely horrendous right now.
He was pretty locked yesterday. Hit the ball on the screws each time up and was taking good pitches. Thought it was a sign of a slump buster

Another squandered opportunity by this offense.
Hold my beer

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
This is what I do. You are all witnesses.

Castellanos walking us off right into WWIII is too perfect.
Nick fits right in.

The 1980 World Series: The Philadelphia Phillies beat the Kansas City Royals 4-to-2: Double-dip recession

As Fed Chairman Paul Volcker was fighting stubborn inflation with aggressive interest-rate hikes, the US economy dipped into a brief recession, which was then followed by a swift recovery. That recovery was then followed by a deep recession as businesses adjusted to the sky-high interest rates, which peaked at nearly 20%.

The 2008 World Series: The Philadelphia Phillies beat the Tampa Bay Rays 4-to-1: The Great Financial Crisis

An ongoing housing crisis morphed into a financial panic as banks became insolvent due to their exposure to subprime mortgage loans. The pain soon spread to automakers who had too much debt and were impacted by a pullback in buying by consumers.

"From World War I to the Great Depression to the financial crisis, all took place after a team from the City of Brotherly Love won it all.

• Wow
Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad