Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: Red October (2024 Edition)

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
The lowest common denominator of the blame game in baseball is the manager. If anything, the upper management deserves far more blame for building a lineup with so many holes in swings. There's no brilliant strategy to roster management that's going to fix that, and over thinking it usually leads to worse results (see the Mets with Diaz on Sunday).

I could give a rats ass if they fire Rob. But a new manager is not going to suddenly fix the pretty obvious roster flaws.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
After Suarez gets rocked tomorrow like he has every game since mid June and the series is over by the 4th inning I demand apologies for being written off for being scared of the Mets and calling the Mets the Phillies and the Phillies the Braves because that is PRECISELY how this series played out

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
All I ask for is a couple guys who can work a count in the offseason, foul off some pitches on a defensive swing, walk, and hit bloop singles. A couple free swingers are fine but way too many easy outs, outside of Schwarber, and sometimes Turner and Harper

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
After Suarez gets rocked tomorrow like he has every game since mid June and the series is over by the 4th inning I demand apologies for being written off for being scared of the Mets and calling the Mets the Phillies and the Phillies the Braves because that is PRECISELY how this series played out
Why would you get apologies after you believed in the team all year?

Can't have your cake and eat it too, my friend.

:sarcasm:

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
It’s one of those cliche and old timey phrases but Phillies are incapable of manufacturing runs, especially when things are tough. Too much riding the momentum. They have to come out next game trying to get on base any way they can

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I would like to make one correction at the rate they’re going the Braves made the Phillies work harder the last two years than the Phillies are making the Mets work for this series.

They scored 1 meaningful run in two of their losses so far.

djw99

Feb 18, 2006
yep Phillies getting shut out. might not score another run this year.

I would like to make one correction at the rate they’re going the Braves made the Phillies work harder the last two years than the Phillies are making the Mets work for this series.

They scored 1 meaningful run in two of their losses so far.
agreed, to compare us to the braves is an insult to the braves. they did battle us at least

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Topper had to go

Win 1 playoff game with the 2nd best record in baseball after the way the last 2 years ended? He ain't the guy to lead this team to a title.

Reactions: Rebels57

djw99

Feb 18, 2006
yep Phillies getting shut out. might not score another run this year.

agreed, to compare us to the braves is an insult to the braves. they did battle us at least
How many pitches to get Sosa-rojas-scwarber out in the 8th? O/U 10

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The outfield is a complete black hole. Nick and Marsh are platoon players. Rojas can't hit anyone. This series is over, Ranger hasn't pitched well on over 4 months.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Unless somehow they win games 4 and 5 I think Thompson has to be gone. Take as old as time the last 3 postseasons, losing the same way

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Fire Topper
DFA Casty
DFA Taijuan
Desperately try to improve 3B and 2B
Fire Rojas into the sun

And then you have to figure out how to develop a reliable bullpen. The way Topper has zero consistency to the way they are deployed has to stop. You need dedicated 7th, 8th and 9th inning guys who you trust regardless of who is up. Stop overthinking it

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I do chuckle at the idea some dumbass new hitting coach will totally change the swings and approaches of 30+ year old guys, on or near the decline, who made hundreds of millions hitting the way they do. They're flawed players, with swing happy approaches, and they'll win or lose any game because of it. Leopards. Spots.

djw99

Feb 18, 2006
Unless somehow they win games 4 and 5 I think Thompson has to be gone. Take as old as time the last 3 postseasons, losing the same way
he absolutely needs to be gone, but I think long and cotham are back.

so much easier to come in from the bullpen with a 6 run lead. and easier when you get those calls

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Why would you get apologies after you believed in the team all year?

Can't have your cake and eat it too, my friend.

:sarcasm:
I would have believed if they played any other team in the MLB. Is that something that isn't allowed? I'm still learning the rules as to when I'm allowed to be confident and when I'm not, it's confusing when no matter what I do I just get poo-poo'd away like I'm someone who's never watched or played baseball before

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
And Middleton, if you are serious about buying a title, then f***ing do it. This team can have whatever it wants if your words mean anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad