OT: Philadelphia Phillies: 2019 Offseason #FireSZN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
You know, this read that while he wants Klentak to find a coach, Middleton is basically going to be over his shoulder the entire time.

Yeah, but if you read Middleton's actual statement he says that Klentak is going to lead the search for the next manager.

For a guy who is a deadman walking hiring the wrong manager will just kick the can down the road yet again.

Reactions: landsbergfan

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
You know, this read that while he wants Klentak to find a coach, Middleton is basically going to be over his shoulder the entire time.

middleton made a mistake resigning mcphail and klentak, he's not going to say he made a mistake to media, that's bad business. now in the offseason if we are all of a sudden just adding holes that klentak would never do, then we know it's all middleton and not klentak.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Honestly, i would have kept them all. Yes, some miscalculations going into the year, but without downright ridiculous pitching injuries the team was probably pretty close to a wild card. And I don’t think expectations much higher than that would have been reasonable at this point

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Freedom!!!!

1025109_20170505230034.jpg

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
sounds like it could be Buck Showalter. If they don't fix the pitching it won't matter who they hire. Need a better pitching coach as well, I'd try to get the guy from the Rays.

As for Kapler, back to back seasons his team fell apart, fist year at the end of the season and then this year they were 9 games over .500 in June. They went from 33-24 to 48-57. Yes he had a lot of injuries but two years in a row his team folded like a cheap tent, it's clearly not all on him and it's troubling when the owner steps in so much, this could be a major problem. It was Middleton that forced the GM to overpay Harper to that insane contract, it was Middleton that forced the GM to fire the hitting coach and now it's said that it was Middleton that forced the GM to fire Kapler. Not sure if he was in on the firing of the pitching coach or not.

When an owner oversteps and gets too involved that can mean big problems and he clearly doesn't show trust in his management team since he's now gone over their heads several times in one year yet he extended them which then makes you wonder how stable things are with the running of this team.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
40%+ that Kapler ends up Franconaing his career. Think he's a smart guy and will learn and get better.

Yeah the Phils need another arm or so but I still think the biggest hole on this team is 3B.

Losing Cutch was really bad but at least it looks like Kingery can be a CF. You've got Cutch and Haseley for LF so the outfield is set. It'd be nice if Hoskins showed some growth but he and the MI is probably good enough to win with if the rest of the team is good. Franco is a black hole though.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
not sure who i would really want in here..the big names seem to be Maddon...Girardi.., Showalter and seeing some other names..like Baker and Washington...it comes down to i guess analytics style manager vs old school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad