OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Training Camp and Beyond (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Sucks when it was the "strongest RB class in a long time" and we (seemly) don't come out with a strong RB. I wasn't the biggest Cook fan in the 1st round but would have taken him in the 2nd.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Sucks when it was the "strongest RB class in a long time" and we (seemly) don't come out with a strong RB. I wasn't the biggest Cook fan in the 1st round but would have taken him in the 2nd.

My thought if he was still there in the second they would have nabbed him. Probably had Jones and Cook both on the same level and figured they'd get one so wasn't worth trading up a couple spots to get one (or the other). I really would not have had a problem with him going in the first. I was quite certain they were going to take Hooker, Humphrey, or Conley when they were on the clock and still would have preferred one of the three, but I do like the Barnett pick...just not as much as I would have liked a DB pick there.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
My thought if he was still there in the second they would have nabbed him. Probably had Jones and Cook both on the same level and figured they'd get one so wasn't worth trading up a couple spots to get one (or the other). I really would not have had a problem with him going in the first. I was quite certain they were going to take Hooker, Humphrey, or Conley when they were on the clock and still would have preferred one of the three, but I do like the Barnett pick...just not as much as I would have liked a DB pick there.

why on earth would you think they would take a safety in the first round? it's one of the strongest positions on the team. and it's not like DE where they can just rotate the players at that position, either.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
New kicker Jake Elliott. Apparently he's pretty accurate but doesn't have a very strong leg, drafted by Cincy in the 5th round.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

His combine speed made me nervious but I am seemly looking wrong so far.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Meh, great RB's come every class. The 2018 class looks strong as well in the position.

Get your feature back when you have a complete roster.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
His combine speed made me nervious but I am seemly looking wrong so far.

His straight line speed was good at the combine. It was everything else that was garbage. He looked good but the Saints have had a garbage defense for years.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Yep, he was very high .40s with some of the worst Vert/3C/SS numbers we've ever seen from a top prospect.

Even if Cook is a star, he goes against all of the history we have in testing with those explosion and change of direction numbers. It's tough to blame teams for missing on the exception to the rules, especially that high.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
[Tweet]908506176404574210[/MEDIA]

Holy hell.

Watson went for 49 and a TD right after this and the game is still miserable.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Yep, he was very high .40s with some of the worst Vert/3C/SS numbers we've ever seen from a top prospect.

Even if Cook is a star, he goes against all of the history we have in testing with those explosion and change of direction numbers. It's tough to blame teams for missing on the exception to the rules, especially that high.

The issue is none of those combine numbers jived with what you saw on the field. He never looked slow or like he lacked explosivensss in any game. I think he fell for those other reasons outside of his combine performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad