OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Still Super Bowl Champs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Is anyone really surprised by the Shady accusations? There was the thing with throwing the woman off the bus, the woman only party, etc...

Reactions: Cody Webster

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
DeSean asked for more money the day after the season and then got robbed (might have been before).

I believe the night they lost to the Saints he was asked a question about his contract and he said he wanted a new one.

The point is that Shady being a POS doesnt mean Chip isnt a clown. The Eagles should have traded Shady based on the fact that you shouldnt pay a running back what he was going to make in 2015.

Reactions: phlflyer1

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I believe the night they lost to the Saints he was asked a question about his contract and he said he wanted a new one.

The point is that Shady being a POS doesnt mean Chip isnt a clown. The Eagles should have traded Shady based on the fact that you shouldnt pay a running back what he was going to make in 2015.

And yet most Eagles fans blame Chip for trading McCoy (and all of the “good” players) even though there was sound reason behind most if not all of them and the fans agreed with it at the time.

I’ll leave it at that before we go around and around on a topic that doesn’t really matter.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Well I won’t be surprised if true. McCoy has a shaky reputation going all the way back to high school.

The NFL has totally botched these situations to this point so expecting nonetheless if it comes to fruition.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Wonder if this is a player that got suspended for domestic abuse and is trying to get his suspension cut in half...

(Yeah, I know that was about PED’s)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
f*** shady.

We have one of the best cultures in the league now. That's what this team is about and that's a huge reason why I expect them to be the class of the league for a long time, led by wentz.

And no, I'm not pushing religion. I'm pushing his positive and winning attitude. Best intangibles since Jeter tbh

Last edited:

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
I'd argue that Chip may have been the best thing that ever happened to this franchise. A lot of his core roster turned over to Howie/Doug after some really dark times internally. Does that core, plus Howie's moves, rally like that if they went from retread to retread?

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I'd argue that Chip may have been the best thing that ever happened to this franchise. A lot of his core roster turned over to Howie/Doug after some really dark times internally. Does that core, plus Howie's moves, rally like that if they went from retread to retread?

I've actually been thinking about this lately.

He signed Jenkins as a free agent and drafted Agholor and Hicks in 2015. There's also the first 2 picks in the 2013 draft which ended up being serious home runs, but that was so early into his tenure that it's hard to tell whether he or Howie deserve more credit for them. Ditto the Donnie Jones and Connor Barwin signings that offseason, too. Plenty of good things happened during his time with the team. It's just hard to ignore the bad parts out of those 3 seasons.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
And for the 2nd post, Shady McCoy is being accused of beating his girlfriend (and seemingly his kid, dog, and doing drugs/roids)

LeSean McCoy Accused Of Brutally Beating Girlfriend

Link contains bloody pictures of his girlfriend

And this is why I no longer watch NFL. It is just absolutely disgusting how often this and other crimes happen with NFL players. And then the NFL has the balls to make commercials that try to lecture the general public about not beating your wife/girlfriend. It is just ridiculous. I still watch college ball but even that is becoming harder to watch as the years go on.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The crocodile tears NFL commercial after Ray Rice was great. You had Chris Carter on there fake crying. The same guy who was on video at an NFL rookie seminar telling them to find themselves a fall guy to hang around with. :laugh:

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
The crocodile tears NFL commercial after Ray Rice was great. You had Chris Carter on there fake crying. The same guy who was on video at an NFL rookie seminar telling them to find themselves a fall guy to hang around with. :laugh:

Exactly. All that bullshit along with the absolutely terrible product on the field makes the NFL unwatchable at this point.

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad