Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I heard some insider on the radio say that Mike Shanahan was the guy who insisted SF should take Purdy. He also identified Cousins.

Nothing about any of these guys in college screamed "this is your NFL QB." He wanted Cousins more than RG3! Getting that kind of call right once is one thing. Doing it twice? Ok.

Unfortunately it means nothing because he staked his whole reputation on John Beck.

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
I don't watch college football and am pretty football dumb on a technical level, so this is 100% serious:

I'm seeing more than one mock projecting Travis Hunter going 1.1. Is he that good or is this class that bad?

He’s an excellent prospect that would go top 3-5 in almost every draft, but Corners don’t go 1/1. I don’t believe it has ever happened. The last 11 1st overalls and 25 of the last 27 have been a QB or a pass rusher. The other 2 were OTs.

Now we do have a weird situation where it looks like there isn’t a QB at the top of this draft. It’s also complicated because one of the other top tier prospects is also a Corner. Some people are going to have Hunter as their 2nd ranked prospect and also 2nd ranked Corner.

The trickiest part is that of all the top tier guys right now, only Will Campbell (LSU OT) is one of those typical 1OA positions. So what we really need to see more than anything is if QBs like Cam Ward and Milroe or one of 6 or 7 pass rushers go apeshit and end the conversation before it can start.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
He’s an excellent prospect that would go top 3-5 in almost every draft, but Corners don’t go 1/1. I don’t believe it has ever happened. The last 11 1st overalls and 25 of the last 27 have been a QB or a pass rusher. The other 2 were OTs.

Now we do have a weird situation where it looks like there isn’t a QB at the top of this draft. It’s also complicated because one of the other top tier prospects is also a Corner. Some people are going to have Hunter as their 2nd ranked prospect and also 2nd ranked Corner.

The trickiest part is that of all the top tier guys right now, only Will Campbell (LSU OT) is one of those typical 1OA positions. So what we really need to see more than anything is if QBs like Cam Ward and Milroe or one of 6 or 7 pass rushers go apeshit and end the conversation before it can start.
Ok so a bit of both then lol

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad