Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
For those that don’t know, they cannot get out of this until 2028 because they would have to eat $100 MM+ in dead space in order to do so at any sooner point. That is not a typo.

There is an option to get out in 2027 by adjusting his salary down since that year is not guaranteed. But they would need cooperation. Otherwise, the only option before the end of the 2027 season is a June 2027 cut where they eat 48 MM in 2027 and then 52 MM in 2028.

Yes, my head hurts too.
so what you are saying is..they are married to him for the foreseeable future lol

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
For those that don’t know, they cannot get out of this until 2028 because they would have to eat $100 MM+ in dead space in order to do so at any sooner point. That is not a typo.

There is an option to get out in 2027 by adjusting his salary down since that year is not guaranteed. But they would need cooperation. Otherwise, the only option before the end of the 2027 season is a June 2027 cut where they eat 48 MM in 2027 and then 52 MM in 2028.

Yes, my head hurts too.

If you have a QB who even comes close to being worth a contract like that, your team is golden, barring managerial debauchery failing to build around them.

If your QB has that kind of contract and they aren't worth it then it's just about the worst thing ever.

Almost as bad as Rudolph playing and my bet being killed early in the game. This is uninteresting and unwatchable now

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly

Yes, my head hurts too.
I never wanna pay a QB again

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
I'm in favor of QBs having a separate cap where only X% of the AAV (or whatever... @JojoTheWhale knows this stuff far better than I do) counts against the total cap hit. We all know it's not about the dollars and cents in the owners' pockets; it's about the cap dollars. Franchises can get crippled for years because of it.

Arguments:

Well, their GM got them into it, so he needs to get them out of it.
Agreed, but many times it's another GM who has to handle it and swimming upstream for years until the cap $ bubble has passed.

QB Agents will take this into consideration and therefore ask for more money since it is factored into that equation. Obviously, this would have to be cleared with the NFLPA. Maybe it's for X number of players on a team as long as that team drafted that player (dramatic shoulder shrug).

I'm sure there are other arguments to be made, so direct your anger at JoJo since I'm just a simpleton board poster.

• Haha
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I'm in favor of QBs having a separate cap where only X% of the AAV (or whatever... @JojoTheWhale knows this stuff far better than I do) counts against the total cap hit. We all know it's not about the dollars and cents in the owners' pockets; it's about the cap dollars. Franchises can get crippled for years because of it.

Arguments:

Well, their GM got them into it, so he needs to get them out of it. Agreed, but many times it's another GM who has to handle it and swimming upstream for years until the cap $ bubble has passed.

QB Agents will take this into consideration and therefore ask for more money since it is factored into that equation. Obviously, this would have to be cleared with the NFLPA. Maybe it's for X number of players on a team as long as that team drafted that player (dramatic shoulder shrug).

I'm sure there are other arguments to be made, so direct your anger at JoJo since I'm just a simpleton board poster.

I’d be fine with this, but the people you would need to convince are the owners like Mike Brown and Jerry Jones who don’t want to write the checks.

Reactions: Kermit the Prog

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I know you're super innocent and don't know anything too detailed cause it's football. But my god the way its structured the closest equivalent is maybe the Weber offer sheet.

Yes, my head hurts too.
And nobody here could have predicted this. :)

Completely unavoidable by Howie. :)

Once in a lifetime occurrence. :)

Just terrible luck. :)

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Just back from Palm Springs , didn’t watch a second of game as was golfing, I bet you guys didn’t miss me as I would of been level headed I’m sure lol

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Steal and blow through $22 million, get caught, get diagnosed with a gambling addiction, sue the gambling site for $220 million....what a genius.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Steal and blow through $22 million, get caught, get diagnosed with a gambling addiction, sue the gambling site for $220 million....what a genius.

so he can go to another gambling site and blow through that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad