Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I don’t care if he walks off. There’s no way he should finish this game. I will yell.

I still haven’t seen a replay either. Was it dirty?
Looked dirty af in real time, alternate angle shows he got him in the back as initial point of contact (if we’re talking head shot).

But there’s no reason for him to be even trying for a hit. Smith was already wrapped up, being driven backward (so fwd progress had stopped), and was actually also already going down.

Just completely unnecessary

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The only thing I can think of is it would look poorly after you fired Pederson pretty quickly after the first sign of trouble too. I don’t know if they’re building a reputation amongst the league for a team that has sky high expectations & a GM who will throw his head coach under the bus first chance he gets.
The thing is they don't care as is. They have the ability to hire their stooge HC's and seemingly can entice "top" assistants by giving them more control then a typical coordinator would get. Good for someone like Moore in that he could use that to get a HC job somewhere and good for someone like Fangio who doesn't want to be a HC.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Looked dirty af in real time, alternate angle shows he got him in the back as initial point of contact (if we’re talking head shot).

But there’s no reason for him to be even trying for a hit. Smith was already wrapped up, being driven backward (so fwd progress had stopped), and was actually also already going down.

Just completely unnecessary
This is where I am with it. It doesn't have to be a head shot to be unnecessary roughness. Just a total cheap shot on a play that should have been whistled dead a second earlier.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Was that Howard Eskin on the Eagles sideline? Dude shoulda been banned across all sports and venues lol.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
You can make him run like in 2022 or you don’t have a QB. Remember how many words I wasted trying to explain to the people who wanted him to turn into a West Coast style QB?

Whatever Tweet HC dug up a while back that pointed to the reason a big name coach didn’t like Manziel applies to Hurts too. Lamar can get away with it because his speed is a game changer. He can beat you to spots. Hurts is effectively a power runner. Those guys are the ones that don’t hold up to the pounding for the same reasons RBs die early.
@DancingPanther

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You can make him run like in 2022 or you don’t have a QB. Remember how many words I wasted trying to explain to the people who wanted him to turn into a West Coast style QB?

Whatever Tweet HC dug up a while back that pointed to the reason a big name coach didn’t like Manziel applies to Hurts too. Lamar can get away with it because his speed is a game changer. He can beat you to spots. Hurts is effectively a power runner. Those guys are the ones that don’t hold up to the pounding for the same reasons RBs die early.

Can you be West Coast without the middle of the field? Is that feasible?

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Defense has done its job even if they lose. Despite the horrible last series against the Falcons, one would think holding them to 22 points is enough to win. For an offense as loaded as the Eagles, they’ve left a lot to be desired. Too many coaching mistakes and turnovers. They should still be respectable without Brown.

Perhaps they need to turn into the 1929 Yale offense and just run Hurts and Barkley 50 times a game with a pass here and there to keep the defense honest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad