Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I don’t think he will ever be able to run PA well. It’s a lot harder on the QB than it seems at first. Incredibly smart QBs like Burrow and Rodgers don’t want to do it because it means you have to turn your back to the defense. I would expect someone like Burrow to be able to figure it out, but quick diagnosis is not Hurts’ strength.
So then what can you do? He stinks out of the gun because he can't read a defense, he stinks off the pa because he can't make a quick diagnosis, and he stinks under center because he hasn't played consistently there in years. So what's the next step? There has to be something that plays to his strengths out there. I mean Nick Foles dragged this team to a super bowl doing what he was best at. Is there really nothing?

Reactions: Chinatown88

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
@Chinatown88 Can I take my “Don’t Hire Slowik” victory lap yet or is it too soon?
I would say yes but I don't see any pizza pics. *Shrugs*

Also you're free to do whatever you want. The best part of the Internet.

So then what can you do? He stinks out of the gun because he can't read a defense, he stinks off the pa because he can't make a quick diagnosis, and he stinks under center because he hasn't played consistently there in years. So what's the next step? There has to be something that plays to his strengths out there. I mean Nick Foles dragged this team to a super bowl doing what he was best at. Is there really nothing?
You build a time machine and trade him at the 2023 draft to Seattle.

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
gotta really wonder what the Saints are doing...like you totally changed the approach to this game over what ya did the first two

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
All this seems so familiar from the team across the street. They're even going to hire the old school guy that has gravitas.

The only thing I can think of is it would look poorly after you fired Pederson pretty quickly after the first sign of trouble too. I don’t know if they’re building a reputation amongst the league for a team that has sky high expectations & a GM who will throw his head coach under the bus first chance he gets.

Reactions: Chinatown88

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

You can make him run like in 2022 or you don’t have a QB. Remember how many words I wasted trying to explain to the people who wanted him to turn into a West Coast style QB?

Whatever Tweet HC dug up a while back that pointed to the reason a big name coach didn’t like Manziel applies to Hurts too. Lamar can get away with it because his speed is a game changer. He can beat you to spots. Hurts is effectively a power runner. Those guys are the ones that don’t hold up to the pounding for the same reasons RBs die early.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
That was a helmet to helmet shot

Honestly, if he's done, this will be a lost season. A coaching change would be inevitable

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Oh Smith is dead? Nice. Glad I'm not watching, and sounds like it'll be quite some time before I watch again. Who would have thought it would only take until week 3?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad