Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Agreeing with Beef's food takes might be a strike against your application to the HHH.

Yes, but what about my draft club memebership?

No one has ever been more washed than this doofus. He was a trailblazer at one point, but realizing that the people you thought were great at their job as a kid might not have ever been is part of growing up. Selfishly, I wish he went away 20 years ago.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

No one has ever been more washed than this doofus. He was a trailblazer at one point, but realizing that the people you thought were great at their job as a kid might not have ever been is part of growing up. Selfishly, I wish he went away 20 years ago.

It’s probably not a one issue problem but I would imagine if isolated down to what could be the biggest problem with the declining passing game is the drop off in top tier QB play from a decade or so ago. You had Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, etc. in that time era to now just having really Mahomes & maybe Allen. The depth at the top just isn’t there as it once was & that pushes less talented guys up that ladder.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

I will be talking to the other members about your application. Might take 60 business days to properly review.

Hating on the GOAT who started the whole biz. SMH my head. You can flame Mel but you can't flame Hurts?

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
It’s probably not a one issue problem but I would imagine if isolated down to what could be the biggest problem with the declining passing game is the drop off in top tier QB play from a decade or so ago. You had Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, etc. in that time era to now just having really Mahomes & maybe Allen. The depth at the top just isn’t there as it once was & that pushes less talented guys up that ladder.

That would at least make sense. I saw Nate Tice talking about how he thinks it's mostly the quality of OL play because the real ways to punish 2 Highs take a ton of time to develop.

I would be shocked if a lot of this wasn't the way plays are packaged now too. All of these one read and go plays like RPOs, bubble screens, etc can't punish the MoF in the same way. Combine that with the emphasis on speed over size on defense and you have ability to recover from missteps and come forward that the Back 7 just didn't have before.

Teams still play more Single High than anything else. And we've always had 2 High heavy teams. *cough* Dungy *cough*

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Things cycle, big talented RBs punish two high/undersized defenses b/c they're hard to arm tackle and if the safeties are late coming up they chew up yards. And then play action can get those safeties out of position. Which is why a few smart GMs have paid for these backs the last couple years.

Reason Howie dumped Swift? Very talented open field runner who isn't physical and is more vulnerable to quicker defenses. These backs have their place, but they're not going to create yards against undersized defenses the way the war horses do. You pay them as 3rd down backs but not as franchise backs.

Red Queen effect.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Mel was king in the land of the blind. Maybe he's lost his fastball, but without him, who knows when or if the league's broadcasters would have figured out that public draft analysis could be cottage industry all its own?

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Mel was king in the land of the blind. Maybe he's lost his fastball, but without him, who knows when or if the league's broadcasters would have figured out that public draft analysis could be cottage industry all its own?

I'm not sure he ever had a fastball, but other than that I agree with this.

Of course DJ actually is a legit analyst and he decided this was cover for a take just as insane:

NEVER. It's the worst part of the college game. It constricts more than it opens up.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
I'm not sure he ever had a fastball, but other than that I agree with this.

Of course DJ actually is a legit analyst and he decided this was cover for a take just as insane:

NEVER. It's the worst part of the college game. It constricts more than it opens up.

I'll weigh in with my own: adopt the college football rule where a receiver only has one foot down in the field of play to register as a completion. It would also cut down on the number of reviews determining if the receiver had two feet inbounds.

ponder719

Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'll weigh in with my own: adopt the college football rule where a receiver only has one foot down in the field of play to register as a completion. It would also cut down on the number of reviews determining if the receiver had two feet inbounds.

I'd go one further: invert the definition of inbounds entirely. If any portion of any foot is down inbounds, you're inbounds. Only if you're entirely on the white are you out of bounds.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Ban Kickers. Make the XP be taken by the person who scored the TD and let teams throw for FGs, but you have to take the Snap Under Center.

• Wow
Reactions: trostol

ponder719

Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Oh, while I'm at it, every team has an inactive roster, it's called a practice squad. Why tell a handful of players each game that they're not allowed to play? If the active roster is 53, 53 players should be allowed to play.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ban Kickers. Make the XP be taken by the person who scored the TD and let teams throw for FGs, but you have to take the Snap Under Center.
Did you see the Giants game?

Pass interference should be 15 yards. I’m tired of seeing hand fighting on a deep ball being a 40yd+ penalty
Problem with that is coaches will tell their DBs to tackle the receiver everytime they're open.

Maybe have two classes of PI, contested PI (hand checking, etc.) 15 yards, "free and clear" PI spot of foul. Similar to penalty shot call. So most PI would be 15 yards but if WR had clear path and was grabbed or tackled, spot of foul.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Did you see the Giants game?

Problem with that is coaches will tell their DBs to tackle the receiver everytime they're open.

Maybe have two classes of PI, contested PI (hand checking, etc.) 15 yards, "free and clear" PI spot of foul. Similar to penalty shot call. So most PI would be 15 yards but if WR had clear path and was grabbed or tackled, spot of foul.

Solution: reset the game clock to the time of the snap.

You monster

• Wow

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
You monster

I'm willing to sacrifice several knee ligaments for the entertainment of everyone trying to figure out the optimal distance to drop back to heave a ball 60 yards through the uprights. And 3/4ths of the league getting it wrong for 2 years.

I ask you, friends -- would every roster be more fun with a Joe Milton or a Matt Prater?

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Can we get back to the bad ice cream takes?

I wasn't able to watch, but wouldn't running at the very least have kept the clock moving?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad