Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think Sirianni makes it the whole season but it’s hard for me to envision him as the coach after this year. I think they have a similar season to last year end result wise. Defense still looks to be a serious issue so to me they go as far as their offense takes them.

Reactions: scumpup

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Who’s the interim coach after Sirianni gets fired when they’re 1-3 going into the bye week?
Too early. That wouldn't provide any cover for Howie. He needs his meatshield.

Sirianni was always a dead man walking this season. Either they sucked and he got canned or the offense was great and they'd likely have to fire him to keep Moore on the staff.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Too early. That wouldn't provide any cover for Howie. He needs his meatshield.

Sirianni was always a dead man walking this season. Either they sucked and he got canned or the offense was great and they'd likely have to fire him to keep Moore on the staff.

I'm not the biggest Sirianni fan, but no other coach in the league had 12-5 and a loss in the Divisional Round as a fireable season. And they certainly aren't the best team in the league.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Nick should be on the hot seat after the second half collapse from last season. If things continue to trend the wrong way I think he gets canned mid season. I don't think it's right after the bye like HC said. Howard needs Nick to distract the average person. He needs enough time to find another scapegoat once Nick gets canned.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's hard to have a less effective game than the D-Line had yesterday.
DLine has turned over since 2022. Reddick traded, Cox retired. Davis and Carter not making the consistent impact they were expected given their draft positions in the top 15.

Sirianni needs to manage the game better. 4th and 2 I get going for it. 4th and 4 no.

Reactions: Rebels57

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
4th and 2 I get going for it. 4th and 4 no.

We know a hell of a lot better than to just go by distance like this. Game context, field position, etc all factor into the decision.

4th and 6 is still converted ~43% of the time over the last decade. That's slightly above the breakeven point even if you assume a 100% chance of making the FG, which of course is not true. The big dropoff is really when you start to get to 4th & 9.

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
We know a hell of a lot better than to just go by distance like this. Game context, field position, etc all factor into the decision.

4th and 6 is still converted ~43% of the time over the last decade. That's slightly above the breakeven point even if you assume a 100% chance of making the FG, which of course is not true. The big dropoff is really when you start to get to 4th & 9.
Just like the dump and chase, cowards lose

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Field position also matters. 4th and 6 at midfield, the D has way more area to defend. In the red zone, the windows tighten up since they don't need to defend more than 25 yards when the Eagles snapped the ball.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Field position also matters. 4th and 6 at midfield, the D has way more area to defend. In the red zone, the windows tighten up since they don't need to defend more than 25 yards when the Eagles snapped the ball.

I said field position. :)

But while you do lose something in close, you also gain something back in the position you're risking to give to the other team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad