Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Harrison Jr x 2!

More TDs this week already than receptions in week 1.

His top speed being as low as it was last week was indeed weird, but it also illustrated an important difference between the CFB and NFL tracking data. The NFL uses chips and tracks in person. Almost all CFB data is derived from video. That's never going to be quite as good.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
His top speed being as low as it was last week was indeed weird, but it also illustrated an important difference between the CFB and NFL tracking data. The NFL uses chips and tracks in person. Almost all CFB data is derived from video. That's never going to be quite as good.
Are his speeds today comparable to last week or are they higher?

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Are his speeds today comparable to last week or are they higher?

Higher. When people dug into the film, he was fairly often being bracketed and Buffalo played a ton of Zone. That meant he was trying to sit in gaps a good percentage of the time.

Worth noting that they’re still ~2 mph short of his college top speed. It doesn’t matter if you’re as polished as he is. But assume the NFL numbers are more accurate once we get a bigger sample size.

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Higher. When people dug into the film, he was fairly often being bracketed and Buffalo played a ton of Zone. That meant he was trying to sit in gaps a good percentage of the time.

Worth noting that they’re still ~2 mph short of his college top speed. It doesn’t matter if you’re as polished as he is. But assume the NFL numbers are more accurate once we get a bigger sample size.
I was just wondering if the disparity was because he was being compared strictly to his not always so accurate college tracking times. Interesting situation

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
interesting..i am sitting here trying to figure how Trey McBride has 13 points in fantasy..but they don't list the fumble recover as a td..even if it was...a td

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
In all seriousness, Carr is a thoroughly average starter. That's fine. But it will never be materially different than Sam Darnold or Kirk Cousins or Tua. They're exactly as good as their playcallers and teammates allow them to be. That's why I was in on Darnold this year despite not even liking him at USC. In Carr's case, he refused to push the ball down the field and that was always his biggest weakness. So far, that doesn't exist.

Kubiak is getting a gig and a good one. He won't have to wait.
Well, after watching Lamar, maybe there aren't that many good QBs?
I mean there's Mahomes and D Jones, and a lot of sameness in between.

Don't know if it's early season, but I think defenses have had a couple years to adjust and are conceding the run to play the pass more, which is why you're seeing some big RB performances.

Which makes sense, if the average offense scores 25, taking away the big play and forcing a team to run or dink and dunk allows a good defense to force a combination of FGs and mistakes. And there aren't that many smart QBs who can patiently take what a defense gives and avoid crucial mistakes.

Minshew time!

Of course, a bad defense will just be run over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad