Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They certainly haven't raised themselves to the level of the Poles.

Yeah obviously Italian & German/Austrian food as well. I’ve mostly had Americanized versions of those foods but they’re the only ones I’d actually have meaningful expectations of going into it. English & Irish food I know is bad going into it.

• Wow
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Captain Dave Poulin Congrats on an 8 year starter. He’s even better than I hoped. We’ll, I guess if Jerry writes the check.

Yesterday, I fell asleep from basically the moment it started until it finished - I missed the whole thing because the f***ing usual night terrors the night before robbed me of any rest. I'm glad he did well, though. I was also happy to hear you say the QB is top two in going through progressions - I didn't expect that.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The missus actually reads all the crazyness we post on here?

I think it's generic enough. Cause it doesn't go into flavors of ice cream and stuff.

Also a lot of Asian stuff that I would just add a tier of "IDK/Never had" to the official HF Flyers version.

I had Japanese cheese cake from a Japanese bakery in Thailand. It was f***ing glorious. It was all I could do not to eat piles of it every day.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Every time I see what Watson lost physically in those two years, I'm reminded that it's a miracle Embiid developed after doing the same with the injury on top.

Maybe I’m remembering it wrong but I feel like Vick was starting to make more serious strides as a passer before he went to jail & missed all that time. Perhaps it was landing in the most ideal situation with Reid as well as the Eagles not really have great proven options at QB either. But I feel like he got surprisingly better even with the time off.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Maybe I’m remembering it wrong but I feel like Vick was starting to make more serious strides as a passer before he went to jail & missed all that time. Perhaps it was landing in the most ideal situation with Reid as well as the Eagles not really have great proven options at QB either. But I feel like he got surprisingly better even with the time off.

You are not wrong. Vick was originally saddled with Dan Reeves' ideas that were stuck in time. From all reports, his players loved him and there was a time period when he was an excellent coach. But he just never evolved as the game changed. They brought in Greg Knapp to be the OC in 2004 and install a West Coast system.

Obviously Knapp wasn't Reid and it took off with the Eagles. But yeah, someone had finally tried to help the guy run an offense that wasn't rooted in 1988 for a few years.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You are not wrong. Vick was originally saddled with Dan Reeves' ideas that were stuck in time. From all reports, his players loved him and there was a time period when he was an excellent coach. But he just never evolved as the game changed. They brought in Greg Knapp to be the OC in 2004 and install a West Coast system.

Obviously Knapp wasn't Reid and it took off with the Eagles. But yeah, someone had finally tried to help the guy run an offense that wasn't rooted in 1988 for a few years.

I get it to a degree. His coaches up to that point at both levels probably enjoyed a higher floor with just telling him to go out there & out run the defense.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Every time I see what Watson lost physically in those two years, I'm reminded that it's a miracle Embiid developed after doing the same with the injury on top.
2 ACL surgeries as well. Too much hero ball in Houston. Offensive HC has a scheme that they want their QB to run. Doesn't seem like Watson can do that or ever learned that (ala Russ Wilson) and is now really struggling as his physical abilities have dipped.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I don’t take these as Gospel, but for those curious like I was, PFF had Hurts as the worst player on the entire offense at a 29.8 Grade Friday. Jalen Carter was at a 30, so obviously I’m not calling it a death knell.

2 ACL surgeries as well. Too much hero ball in Houston. Offensive HC has a scheme that they want their QB to run. Doesn't seem like Watson can do that or ever learned that (ala Russ Wilson) and is now really struggling as his physical abilities have dipped.

I thought Watson ran BoB’s scheme well. It was one of those situations where we all got BoB the GM’s mistakes mixed up with his play calling. He’s still a solid system guy today. BC is out there running cutting edge stuff like RB Orbit Bubble Draws and Jet Power Reads out of Unbalanced. He’s not a super rigid coach.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t take these as Gospel, but for those curious like I was, PFF had Hurts as the worst player on the entire offense at a 29.8 Grade Friday. Jalen Carter was at a 30, so obviously I’m not calling it a death knell.

I thought Watson ran BoB’s scheme well. It was one of those situations where we all got BoB the GM’s mistakes mixed up with his play calling. He’s still a solid system guy today. BC is out there running cutting edge stuff like RB Orbit Bubble Draws and Jet Power Reads out of Unbalanced. He’s not a super rigid coach.

Yeah I didn’t even think BOB was that bad at Alabama. I think it was more so he was just the guy that came at the end of their crazy run on WR talent which defied odds in the first place. Before & after that run they were still pulling in high quality recruits at that position. The odds more so just leveled out.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Man, I spent all year being excited about Fantasy Football being back just to take Puca and Harrison JR as my top 2 receivers.

Mistakes were made, gentlemen. Mistakes were made

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad