Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Hurts has a lot to digest, new scheme using a lot of motion, he's calling the protections, the new routes aren't second nature yet (i.e., the mental map that tells you where the WRs will be in 3 seconds). You can practice until the cows come home, but you need game reps before this becomes second nature.

So I'd expect him to struggle out of the gate.
Now if he's not humming on all cylinders after the bye week, then I'll start worrying.
Agreed. Which is why playing a bit in the preseason, I think, would have been helpful for Hurts. Nothing can replicate live gameplay

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
but this is a new offense, so past mistakes were under different leadership. This years mistakes shouldn't be lumped into those. Yesterday literally could have been rust and nothing else. He looked way better than last year regardless.
But he's making the same mistakes. Over and over.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
but this is a new offense, so past mistakes were under different leadership. This years mistakes shouldn't be lumped into those. Yesterday literally could have been rust and nothing else. He looked way better than last year regardless.
How did he look way better than last year? Honest question. What did he do yesterday that looked better?

The offense looked much more functional from a play design and play calling standpoint (at times). That’s not Jalen Hurts.

We’ve seen the mistakes he made yesterday for years and years. None of it was new.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
It is a new system and certainly there is rust but at what point is a spade a spade? The top quarterbacks in the league don’t turn the ball over that much

Reactions: Schwarbomb

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
How did he look way better than last year? Honest question. What did he do yesterday that looked better?

The offense looked much more functional from a play design and play calling standpoint (at times). That’s not Jalen Hurts.

We’ve seen the mistakes he made yesterday for years and years. None of it was new.
92quqg.jpg

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
I believe in Jalen Hurts. I believe he is the key to a long stretch of success which will bring multiple championships to Philadelphia.

I'm sorry, I can't hold a straight face...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Davis was stout against the run, didn't play passing downs, seemed to wear down.
DeJean got a few snaps at dime, I think that's all you'll see of him until after the bye week, he needs a few weeks to get up to speed.
Mitchell looked like a legitimate starting NFL CB.
Didn't notice Smith much, but field wasn't conducive to speed rushers.

Reactions: Lotusflower

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
You can make all the excuses you want, but Hurts made a handful of decisions that are simply inexcusable in year 5, new OC or not.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Well, aren't you also saying that Hurts' struggles last year might have been due to bad play design and play calling?

Hurts was very effective against the blitz.
He was accurate throwing the ball.
He also made some bonehead throws.

I just don't get excited by the first few games of the NFL season, and pre-season isn't the issue, go back to AR's teams, they often started slow then hit their stride for the stretch run. And they played 4 preseason games with starters getting about a game's worth of play.

With two new schemes and a bunch of new players on defense, some growing pains are to be expected.

Now if Hurts is still throwing balls up for grabs in game six, time to press the panic button.

Scottie'd

Morons
Great news! They're cap strapped and tied to a good but not great QB who consistently comes up short in the post-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad