Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
this-is-brazil-screaming.gif

I do love how the players have absolutely nothing nice to say about this game.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Howie managed to rebuild and make this one of his youngest teams.
Could be even younger next year with only Goedert, Lane and Lovato over 30.

PS is interesting these days, balance the 3 protected slots (for good prospects you sneak through waivers), the marginal prospects who you hope don't get claimed, and the 5-6 marginal veterans who are "break glass" types.

Only questions to me are Sam (25), who showed me nothing in pre-season, Smith (26) who can play STs but lacks instincts for LB.
Gates, Stoll, Campbell, Jenkins, Burks are your "break glass" guys.
Grier is a coach on the field in practice. Not much of a QB, but I think he's there to train backups.
Sterns real interesting, too healthy for IR, but maybe a month away from being physically 100%. Turns 25 this season, played for Fangio, nice size/speed combo if healthy.

Still one roster, two PS slots left.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Howie managed to rebuild and make this one of his youngest teams.
Could be even younger next year with only Goedert, Lane and Lovato over 30.

PS is interesting these days, balance the 3 protected slots (for good prospects you sneak through waivers), the marginal prospects who you hope don't get claimed, and the 5-6 marginal veterans who are "break glass" types.

Only questions to me are Sam (25), who showed me nothing in pre-season, Smith (26) who can play STs but lacks instincts for LB.
Gates, Stoll, Campbell, Jenkins, Burks are your "break glass" guys.
Grier is a coach on the field in practice. Not much of a QB, but I think he's there to train backups.
Sterns real interesting, too healthy for IR, but maybe a month away from being physically 100%. Turns 25 this season, played for Fangio, nice size/speed combo if healthy.

Still one roster, two PS slots left.

Sterns was seen as a meaningful rising star in 2021 under Fangio. Yeah, he probably won't stay healthy again but I don't think people are giving nearly enough credence to that signing. It has actual jackpot outcomes.

(I said this before there was even any rumored Eagles interest too.)

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Bucs Oline is better this year but I still do not think we have a run game or good offensive game plan

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
this-is-brazil-screaming.gif

I do love how the players have absolutely nothing nice to say about this game.
For the players it's a long flight down, game, long flight back and it throws off your timetable and game preparation. Most athletes like to have structure and lay out the week to peak on Sunday.

Now the Dolphins might have considered it a break from South Beach, but I think the Eagles are a more professional group.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I assume they’re gonna have to be in the market for a TE this upcoming draft? There’s really nothing behind Goedert again this year.

At this upcoming year appears to have deeper class even if there isn’t a talent like Bowers at the top.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seeing Niners fans feel like this is a victory of negotiating...I mean, they're paying Aiyuk 30 mill a year. Who's the real winner eh?
Because he tried to force his way out and didn’t. Same thing happened with Deebo.

Frankly, it’s not the norm for that to happen and they’ve done it twice, so it’ll be interesting to see what Trent Williams does because he has sat out an entire season in order to get what he wanted once already.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Because he tried to force his way out and didn’t. Same thing happened with Deebo.

Frankly, it’s not the norm for that to happen and they’ve done it twice, so it’ll be interesting to see what Trent Williams does because he has sat out an entire season in order to get what he wanted once already.

I'm not sure that's accurate. Based on reports I've seen, Aiyuk wanted to be paid, or be traded to a contender (who will pay him). He tried to get everything he could...but instead just got *most* of it, hah.

I read NE had a deal in place and would pay him, but Aiyuk said he wouldn't go there. I'm convinced the Pitt stuff was never real. Pitt is the *last* team who would trade a premium asset & then pay a WR.

So yeah in the end, I think Aiyuk won big time. Niners are unraveling IMO, but slowly. Better lock up Trent, or Purdy is gonna spend a lot of time on his back.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Speaking of Deebo, I wonder how he feels not being the highest paid WR on the team any longer.:popcorn:
His guaranteed money is over after this season. His deal was 3 years $71 mill. He is due $16 mill base salary in 2025 at a $24 mill cap charge for SF. So, he would have been paid $55 mill for 2 years. Average of $27.5 mill per.
Probably expect him to do what he did a couple of years ago and sit in like Aiyuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad