Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don't want to say more, but i don't think Howie/Jeff want any excuses this year so they know what needs to happen in the offseason.

Get them what they ask for and leave the rest up to them.

I don’t think it’s controversial to say that the coaches have less power in the Eagles’ org than in many others. Doug won a Super Bowl and still had huge friction whenever he asked for anything. The Fangio mention RE: Hunt definitely stood out to me too.

(That can be a strength too. I don’t consider that ripping the team. There’s just no doubt whose show this is.)

Reactions: orangey

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I don’t think it’s controversial to say that the coaches have less power in the Eagles’ org than in many others. Doug won a Super Bowl and still had huge friction whenever he asked for anything. The Fangio mention RE: Hunt definitely stood out to me too.

(That can be a strength too. I don’t consider that ripping the team. There’s just no doubt whose show this is.)
Acknowledge my victory

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Becton only needing to play 3 Games would be ideal because that's about all you're going to get out of his body anyway. Makes perfect sense as a depth piece though.

Acknowledge my victory

Never.

Mykel Williams #1 :)

Woah. Didn't even know there was a UBC player up for draft consideration, let alone that he would be taken in the 4th round.

Did any of you watch tape of Giovanni Manu? :laugh:

The draft guides I have don't even include full writeups, although he is listed as a functional Honorable Mention in all 3. I had never heard of him.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Becton only needing to play 3 Games would be ideal because that's about all you're going to get out of his body anyway. Makes perfect sense as a depth piece though.

Never.

Mykel Williams #1 :)

The draft guides I have don't even include full writeups, although he is listed as a functional Honorable Mention in all 3. I had never heard of him.
I told @Striiker to remind to use "Corn Boy" in the 2024 Edition of HF Flyers Twas the Night Before Christmas. Now I don't need a reminder. I will remember out of pure spite for not acknowledging my prowess.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Don’t let Corn Boy get you down.

I acknowledge your victory.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Striiker

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Can I get cliffs on how we feel? I know about the picks themselves but in terms of the direction the eagles went vs what was available to them? Any insight from the draft sluts?

I liked picking up 3 ‘25 picks

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Ray Didinger was on WIP this morning talking about the Draft Class...

- Said he's stunned by how well Howie navigated the draft. Coming away with the class he got, plus 3 additional 2025 picks is masterful.
- Blown away Howie came away with Mitchell & DeJean. Said he had them as his #1 & #2 CBs this draft. Said he would've taken DeJean at 22, and Mitchell even earlier.
- Thinks Howie reached on the Hunt pick in RD 3. Could be a very good player, but developmental guys shouldn't be picked until Day 3. But potential there.
- Doesn't love the Shipley pick. Thinks he's purely going to be a pass-catching RB on 3rd downs.
- WRs are OK. Injury issues. Wished the Eagles took Malik Washington to be slot WR.

Funny enough, didn't comment on Trotter Jr. pick. And hosts didn't ask.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Can I get cliffs on how we feel? I know about the picks themselves but in terms of the direction the eagles went vs what was available to them? Any insight from the draft sluts?

I liked picking up 3 ‘25 picks
Overall it was pretty good. To put in terms for you specifically. First two picks were Ana De Armas. At 22 and 40 they had their pick of corners. But it was an important position for now and the future which is addressed. The 3rd rounder is your up and coming actress who's only done TV shows or had minor roles. But you hope she can hone her craft and turn into an A lister. The rest are viable supporting cast with maybe some of them winning best supporting actress. However you don't expect them to turn into a superstar.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
John Ross is unretiring and has a rookie minicamp invite, I don't expect much from him, but thought it sounded interesting.

Oh man I LOVED this guy coming out of college in that draft. If he's healthy and as fast as he once was this would be an awesome get. That being said, I assume he's 1) not healthy and 2) not as fast as he used to be.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
They desperately need an NFL caliber 3rd WR.
Is it wrong that I feel one of Campbell/Parker/2 draftees can fill that void?

Parker won't have to be relied on to be "the #1", Campbell not relied on to be a 1 or 2, and there's enough people intrigued by both the new rookies that it feels like one of them should emerge, no?

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Overall it was pretty good. To put in terms for you specifically. First two picks were Ana De Armas. At 22 and 40 they had their pick of corners. But it was an important position for now and the future which is addressed. The 3rd rounder is your up and coming actress who's only done TV shows or had minor roles. But you hope she can hone her craft and turn into an A lister. The rest are viable supporting cast with maybe some of them winning best supporting actress. However you don't expect them to turn into a superstar.
How are the tits on the 3rd rounder?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Is it wrong that I feel one of Campbell/Parker/2 draftees can fill that void?

Parker won't have to be relied on to be "the #1", Campbell not relied on to be a 1 or 2, and there's enough people intrigued by both the new rookies that it feels like one of them should emerge, no?
I would think Parker would be best suited to be that guy. Campbell could be, but I think we can do better. The draftees (and Ross) likely won't be but you never know. Maybe someone gets cut at some point or is about to be cut and Howie can swoop in. That would be probably the best case scenario if there that last option exists.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I personally don't like it at all.

QM was great. Thursday and Friday sucked. Did we REALLY need to jump up for DeJean? Is he going to play CB...we have 10 corners then...if he's a safety, there were other quality Safties to be had.

Dejean better return punts, cause we got nobody. Covey has a great average and rarely fumbles, but he strikes fear in noooobody.

We have done nothing to aquire a LB who can cover anyone, while actively getting players.
I've scoured the internet. You're the only one that doesn't like our draft. That must suck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad