OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Heading Into Draft Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
In a perfect world, Dan Snyder gets penalized heavy AF and still gets to keep running The Commanders' personnel decisions on the field.

He's a trainwreck and almost perennially keeps them from contending for the NFC East crown, which I enjoy as an Eagles fan.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
In a perfect world, Dan Snyder gets penalized heavy AF and still gets to keep running The Commanders' personnel decisions on the field.

He's a trainwreck and almost perennially keeps them from contending for the NFC East crown, which I enjoy as an Eagles fan.
Keep in mind that trainwreck of a franchise has just as many division crowns as the Eagles do since 2015.

We must not throw stones at glass houses.

Reactions: DancingPanther

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Keep in mind that trainwreck of a franchise has just as many division crowns as the Eagles do since 2015.

I think stopping at 2015 is manipulating the conversation a bit, but regardless - I'm still comfy calling them a dumpster fire organization who is almost a non-threat on a perennial basis.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I think stopping at 2015 is manipulating the conversation a bit, but regardless - I'm still comfy calling them a dumpster fire organization who is almost a non-threat on a perennial basis.
I can go with the they've won an NFC East crown more recently than the Eagles if we want to go that direction too.

They are a dumpster fire organization but the Eagles probably are too... just not to the same extent.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I can go with the they've won an NFC East crown more recently than the Eagles if we want to go that direction too.

They are a dumpster fire organization but the Eagles probably are too... just not to the same extent.

I don't want to dive into winning percentages or whose been at the bottom right now since I'm making, what I think, is not exactly a hot-take of an opinion.

I wouldn't trade the Eagles' success in almost any time period since 2000 with the Redskins/Football Team/Commanders' success, is what I'm saying. Not sure any team would in this division (though the Giants have spent a lot of time in the basement as well).

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I don't want to dive into winning percentages or whose been at the bottom right now since I'm making, what I think, is not exactly a hot-take of an opinion.

I wouldn't trade the Eagles' success in almost any time period since 2000 with the Redskins/Football Team/Commanders' success, is what I'm saying. Not sure any team would in this division (though the Giants have spent a lot of time in the basement as well).
It's not a hot take and it's perfectly reasonable.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

This is approaching "at least we're not the Coyotes/Blackhawks" territory with some of our illustrious posters on this site

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Howie's figured out that Super Bowls shouldn't be the actual goal. It's consistent relevance in the Philadelphia market that he wants. That keeps him employed.

This sounds like a slam, but it's a compliment.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
This is approaching "at least we're not the Coyotes/Blackhawks" territory with some of our illustrious posters on this site

Not sure if you mean me - but I'll bite if so. I'm really wired at work right now anyway with BANG energy drink.

Eagles have been pretty successful since 2010. Near top 10 winning percentage. WFT is nearly dead last. Even the last 10 years if you prefer, we drop closer to 15th in winning %, but still far cry from WFT/Commanders' in the bottom 5 or so.

That's all I was saying, if you meant me and my content nature with the Birds' performance.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Howie's figured out that Super Bowls shouldn't be the actual goal. It's consistent relevance in the Philadelphia market that he wants. That keeps him employed.

This sounds like a slam, but it's a compliment.
So you're saying that he's a weasel that only cares about self preservation and his ego.

I've known that for years, Jojo.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
But do you blame him for it? I don't. Being a knighted NFL GM is probably a great life.
I would blame him for every single thing on Earth if I had the choice which luckily I do have that choice because i'm an adult and I do blame him for everything.

I blame Lurie and the fanbase that defends him for not seeing through his charade.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I would blame him for every single thing on Earth if I had the choice which luckily I do have that choice because i'm an adult and I do blame him for everything.

I blame Lurie and the fanbase that defends him for not seeing through his charade.

It could be worse - he could be running around having wide-eyed babies with random women less than half his age.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
I don't like Avril Lavigne, but I'm joining with DFF on this because I admire his principled stand.
a1899d4f-ad5f-4b87-92c9-8c3e3bbe5697_text.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Isn't anyone tryin' to find me?
Won't somebody come take me home?
It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won't you take me by the hand?
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are