OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Defending The Crown: 2018 Season Part Four

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Wentz missed the check down but why is there a checkdown? Why is the play designed to go to the endzone? Why is it not designed to get a 1st down?
They had a 4th and 1 against the Vikings where they threw it to Alshon about 10 yards instead of getting the 1st. He caught it, but they have done it before. This just isn't a good team. They were a very good team last year. The Jaguars are terrible so they might beat them.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Doug's the head coach, after the 20th time of watching Mills either completely blow coverage or give a 10 yard cushion to a wide receiver on a critical play you'd think he'd go over gym shorts empty head... But apparently there isn't much in Doug's head either...

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
They had a 4th and 1 against the Vikings where they threw it to Alshon about 10 yards instead of getting the 1st. He caught it, but they have done it before. This just isn't a good team. They were a very good team last year. The Jaguars are terrible so they might beat them.
Disagree, last year's team was an average team that beat on a weak schedule and got lucky in close games. They're pretty much the same team this year except their schedule is hard and their luck is evening out.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Scoring 17 points isn't good enough in this league to win.

Obviously the defense is going to get some heat & deservedly so but it’s not the 90’s. A 17 point lead with the amount of time to go that they had isn’t that big of a lead in today’s game regardless if it’s in the NFL or college. The offense shares blame in this loss too.

Reactions: Flyersfan1493

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Disagree, last year's team was an average team that beat on a weak schedule and got lucky in close games. They're pretty much the same team this year except their schedule is hard and their luck is evening out.
Only a handful of plays separate a team from going 6-10 to 10-6. Most teams are 8-8, and based on these plays they either gain a few wins or lose a few wins. Had they played everybody last year against Dallas, they go 14-2. That was not a lucky team. They and the Patriots tied for the best point differential.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
3rd worst in the division after 7 weeks, no one could of predicted this.
I had told people all off-season to temper expectations this year because of how lucky they we're last season in multiple games but even I would have said 10-6 at worst. Now 6-10 isn't out of the question looking ahead... There is a real chance they are 3-5 after next week.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
not in disagreement with what you said....but also +20 to margin last year (#4 overall)...-3 this year (25th in the league).

We had some really costly offense TOs early this year. Last two weeks...very good on O...but defense is just not helping here.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Only a handful of plays separate a team from going 6-10 to 10-6. Most teams are 8-8, and based on these plays they either gain a few wins or lose a few wins. Had they played everybody last year against Dallas, they go 14-2. That was not a lucky team. They and the Patriots tied for the best point differential.
They had the easiest schedule of anyone. Their point differential was padded by crushing cupcakes like Denver and San Fran. They played in the easiest division. They were not as good as people think they were. They had a lot break their way despite the loss of wentz.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I had told people all off-season to temper expectations this year because of how lucky they we're last season in multiple games but even I would have said 10-6 at worst. Now 6-10 isn't out of the question looking ahead... There is a real chance they are 3-5 after next week.
The Jaguars are really bad too. Bortles was benched for Kessler. I thought if they went 1-1 before the bye, they were ok. Now, I don't care. They aren't a good football team.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Every year it's this way. 10-6 and 6-10 agreed not much difference. Pretty much putting our chances on winning the division on games vs the division.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ

They've done it before and I've said it last year, even if you made the play it was a bad decision. In the SB on 4th and 1 they called a play to get that yard. That's all you need. Run the same kind of play but make the RB the first read, and get the first down.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Every year it's this way. 10-6 and 6-10 agreed not much difference. Pretty much putting our chances on winning the division on games vs the division.
This is how it was before this game though. Does anyone really want this team in the playoffs? They cant win on the road.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
They've done it before and I've said it last year, even if you made the play it was a bad decision. In the SB on 4th and 1 they called a play to get that yard. That's all you need. Run the same kind of play but make the RB the first read, and get the first down.
gotta agree...two plays for two yards for the first down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad