Friedman: Phil Kessel looking for opportunity to return to NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
“He wants to play. I've heard this. So Paul Bissonnette had a tweet this week about how come Phil Kessel can't get a job.

And I was looking at it and because I had heard and I was going to check that Kessel was calling teams and really wanted to play. And that seems to confirm it. And then I heard it from a couple of people.

He's legit about it. Like that three on three league that was supposed to start up but didn't. I heard Kessel was one of the guys they were really talking to about playing there.

You know, he wants to play. He loves hockey and he wants to play. I don't know if this is going to happen, but it's very, very legitimate that he has put it out there that he wants to play.”

From 32 Thoughts: The Podcast: Sid's Coming Back, Sep 13, 2024

This material may be protected by copyright.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
In the NHL, there are a finite number of spots for wingers that aren’t physical and can’t be relied upon defensively. His only value is offense and if the league feels that it’s dried up, he’s out for good.

Reactions: Daeavorn and pi314

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
If he proves his skating backwards and is better 1on1 then maybe. But might be too late to teach an old dog new tricks.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
The trouble with Phil is that he's totally cooked as an NHL scorer and he has never shown any interest in being a veteran leader. If he had a history of being good around young players, then there might be value in having him around a training camp on a PTO, but alas...

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
He's completely washed up. Vancouver gave him a chance last year and he couldn't even keep up with AHLers.
That’s not been reported anywhere. He never played a game. He only practiced, and they never agreed on a contract.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
The trouble with Phil is that he's totally cooked as an NHL scorer and he has never shown any interest in being a veteran leader. If he had a history of being good around young players, then there might be value in having him around a training camp on a PTO, but alas...

Teams only have so many spots for PTOs, but maybe this is a case where he wants a contract to come back and not a PTO.

A similar thing happened with Chris Neil. He wanted to continue playing, but only if a team offered him an SPC. Montreal offered him a PTO, and he did not take it.

With that said, Kulemin just got a PTO. So if Kessel wants a PTO and can't get one, lol.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
He needs to be in game shape. He should be posting instagram videos of himself at the gym, jumping out of pools, skating faster than he's ever skated before. I don't care if he's speeding up the video. You can't just do nothing an expect a job. I'm looking at you, Mark Messier (coaching).

• Haha
Reactions: Shark Finn

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Just give him a.contrsct to get him to 1k points.

Useless plugs get deals all the time. There's got to be at least a couple.teams.thay could use a dirt cheap guy in their 2nd pp unit for a handful of games
226155.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad