Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Erik Gustafsson signs with the Flyers (1 year, $3M)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If you trade Ghost and get a positive return for him, or is part of a bigger deal, then this makes sense.

Gus replaces Ghost, saves 1.5 million in cap, cuts 2 years off of control, and then whatever Ghost gets in return.

I expect if Ghost is moved, it's for a 1 year #3C type guy to fill that hole if Patrick isn't healthy and Frost doesn't get the nod(which he should, but won't)

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Do you think this increases the likelihood of Ghost being moved?
No one is picking up the whole 4.5m from Flyers at this point. Now can a real hockey trade where Ghost and 1/Frost, etc get moved? hmm....

Reactions: BHD

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Wow, double down on the offensive D... hard to imagine AV letting them play loose, but imagine having;

Provorov, Sanheim, Myers, Gostibehere and Gustafsson running full tilt offense?

Hang in there Braun.

Reactions: Elvs

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Low risk, high reward. He won't replace what Niskanen did but maybe he can supplant Gostisbehere

Reactions: qqaz

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
ghost sucks will flyers fans please stop defending him he cant play d at all and injuries have taken away his speed.
I'm with ya bud! Sick and tired of that blueline pivot move he does. It worked when he was a rookie! But there are scouting reports, Ghost! Scouting reports!

Hopefully this means Ghost is as good as gone.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Well, the deal actually still makes sense even if we keep Ghost. It all depends on AV to trust Ghost.

Provorov- Ghost (they were a terrific pair at one point)
Sanheim - Myers
Braun - Gustafsson
Hagg

It's not my dream defense, but it's not a wreck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad