Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [mid-March 2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
What’s your take on him?
Like most college free agents, probably just a depth guy. I don't have a detailed scouting report, I've just seen him in passing mostly. He was at the last dev camp. Definitely looked like he belonged. Wouldn't say he was a standout or anything but looked like a pro. Bit of a high volume shooter. If he's going to make an impact, it's probably as a goal scorer.

This is a list of top ES goal scorers as a percentage of team goals in the USHL since 2017. Decent company. Gaber and Meyers are UDFA who should sign NHL deals eventually.

upload_2021-4-13_17-54-19.png

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Like most college free agents, probably just a depth guy. I don't have a detailed scouting report, I've just seen him in passing mostly. He was at the last dev camp. Definitely looked like he belonged. Wouldn't say he was a standout or anything but looked like a pro. Bit of a high volume shooter. If he's going to make an impact, it's probably as a goal scorer.

This is a list of top ES goal scorers as a percentage of team goals in the USHL since 2017. Decent company. Gaber and Meyers are UDFA who should sign NHL deals eventually.

View attachment 421905
Would you say he's better than his brother?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden

View attachment 421905
Thank you!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
No points again for Desnoyers as they lose 8-1.

It was the 18th time Halifax has played Charlottetown this season....and Halifax has won 3 times

:laugh:

Side note, Desnoyers is now 5th in league scoring. Charlottetown has the top 4.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Eli Zummack at eliteprospects.com

Someone to keep an eye on as a CHL overager. Pretty sure they are eligible to be signed now. Late cut from my watchlist for last draft. Good ES production. Great playmaker.

Spokane has produced Spurgeon and Tyler Johnson from this bucket. They are a bit weaker than normal with two key players playing in the USHL this year and Jack Finley MIA.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He could pick his team this summer if that was his end goal. From a hockey POV, he probably does need another year of seasoning. Was hoping they'd sign him to avoid the potential temptation.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Given the Flyers can offer the same (one year off the ELC, max rookie contract) as any other team, and even if they sign/trade for a RHD, have almost none in their system (St Ivany would be the only competition outside of Wylie), I think there's a high probability he eventually signs with us.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, to be honest, Sushko was looking like a long shot with the depth coming up.
Sushko, Kase, Rubtsov, Laberge, Sandin on the outside looking in the next couple years.

Ratcliffe on the bubble. Twarynski and Bunnaman on the taxi squad.
Cates (2), Brink, JOB on the way, Wisdom and Foerster already out playing them, Willman as well, and Allison and Laczynski on the big team.
And Lycksell, Desnoyers, McClennon down the road.

Safety in numbers.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Does anyone know of a site that tracks AHL possession numbers or other stats? I know of phancystats.com for Phantoms games, but does anyone know of a site that has league wide stats?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Does anyone know of a site that tracks AHL possession numbers or other stats? I know of phancystats.com for Phantoms games, but does anyone know of a site that has league wide stats?
Nah. The AHL doesn’t even publicly release time on ice data. It’d be all manual tracking. I’m sure on the teams side they have data and I know there were/are consulting firms that claimed to be working with teams but nothing in the public sphere that I am aware of.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad