Golf: PGA TOUR 2024 FedExCup Season

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That PGA Tour number is so incredibly bad. LIV isn’t surprising at this point. PGA Tour definitely took the cake from them this week.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Appointment viewing tomorrow for me, watching my guy Manassero take down Rory on his home turf. Giving similar vibes to when Pat Reed beat Rory to a pulp in the final pairing at Augusta in 2018.

More jacked up for this than I have been all year at any non-major.
Let's run this back tomorrow, shall we?

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Manassero might actually be good again.
Would be awesome, though today was a pretty tough watch. He's added enough distance that he's not being totally left in the dust anymore, and chasing distance was the reason he fell off in the first place. I don't know if that's from a swing change or just the fact that he's 30 years old now rather than 20, but from my eye there's been at least some change in his swing, as his upper body is staying more upright at the point of contact than it was when he was last good. He's also adopted a Snedeker-esque pop stroke on short putts that hurts to watch, though if it works, it works. Beyon that, he's more or less the same guy right now that he was a decade ago - from 150 yards and in, you like him a lot, but anything beyond that... just hope for the best.

Even if this turns out to be sustainable, there's a clear ceiling here. Despite added distance, he's still short off the tee, and he doesn't hit his irons high enough. I'm just gonna enjoy the ride of having somebody decent to root for who isn't a broken human (Tiger) or playing Mickey golf (Reed).

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rory lost in a playoff to Billy Ho. He's had such a disappointing decent year. It feels like next year Rory is just due for some of these tournaments to go his way. He's been right there all year.

Ad

Ad

Ad