Player Discussion Peyton Krebs C/LW -- Re-signed 2 years, $1.45m AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
If I'm Krebs agent I would be welcoming a 1 yr contract under a new coach and linemates not named Okposo & Girgensons

I agree entirely, but it seems like the team views him as a 13th forward right now. He didn't get a totally fair shake the last few years stuck with Okposo and Girgensons. Maybe he'll do better elsewhere if given linemates who don't have cement hands.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
SmartSelect_20240915_135710_Photos.jpg

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I agree entirely, but it seems like the team views him as a 13th forward right now. He didn't get a totally fair shake the last few years stuck with Okposo and Girgensons. Maybe he'll do better elsewhere if given linemates who don't have cement hands.

Yeah... cement hands Kyle Okposo who potted nearly 300 goals. Girgensons puts up 10 goals a year as a 4th liner.. not bad at all.

Of course we can't look at why Krebs was "saddled" with the 2 stone hands.

Krebs earned his spot on the 4th line.. he got more than a fair shake with being on the NHL team when he should of been in AHL.

He has nobody to blame but himself.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Yeah... cement hands Kyle Okposo who potted nearly 300 goals. Girgensons puts up 10 goals a year as a 4th liner.. not bad at all.

Of course we can't look at why Krebs was "saddled" with the 2 stone hands.

Krebs earned his spot on the 4th line.. he got more than a fair shake with being on the NHL team when he should of been in AHL.

He has nobody to blame but himself.
248 isn't "nearly 300". Kyle's last 2 seasons he scored 12 and 11 goals. He was at the absolute end of his career why he was traded to Florida with the idea of giving him one last shot at the cup.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

Definitely. But 13th forwards tend to play a lot of games, and can play up and down the lineup if they earn it

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
248 isn't "nearly 300". Kyle's last 2 seasons he scored 12 and 11 goals. He was at the absolute end of his career why he was traded to Florida with the idea of giving him one last shot at the cup.
Okposo got his goals by other people’ hard work and luck. He was 30 feet behind the play. By comparison, girgenson was fast. He had a decent shot though.

Krebs strength is passing. No one to pass it too

Hopefully Krebs worked on this shot this summer. He could be good if the opposing team had to respect his shot

Reactions: SundherDome

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

248 is definitely nearly 300. Of course he was at tail end of his career..but the fact is he never had stone hands..including his last 2 years. It is his legs that gave out.

Okposo got his goals by other people’ hard work and luck. He was 30 feet behind the play. By comparison, girgenson was fast. He had a decent shot though.

Krebs strength is passing. No one to pass it too

Hopefully Krebs worked on this shot this summer. He could be good if the opposing team had to respect his shot

Okposo was one of the hardest workers on team.. thruout his career. This is just a weird take.

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
248 is definitely nearly 300. Of course he was at tail end of his career..but the fact is he never had stone hands..including his last 2 years. It is his legs that gave out.

Okposo was one of the hardest workers on team.. thruout his career. This is just a weird take.
Are you saying okposo was fast last year? He wasn’t

He was there for the “leadership”. Leading the team to stop the stick salute because they were being “mean” and having to tell the fans because the team could not win

Hardest worker. Perhaps. When everyone else put in low effort. He was part of the “best fourth line in hockey”. He had an untraceable contract and then then gmka resigned him and Donnie made him captain

The team would have been better off not re-signing him.

Reactions: DJN21

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Are you saying okposo was fast last year? He wasn’t

He was there for the “leadership”. Leading the team to stop the stick salute because they were being “mean” and having to tell the fans because the team could not win

Hardest worker. Perhaps. When everyone else put in low effort. He was part of the “best fourth line in hockey”. He had an untraceable contract and then then gmka resigned him and Donnie made him captain

The team would have been better off not re-signing him.

Where did I say he was fast? .. Of course he isn't fast. But fast and hard working are 2 totally different things. KO never relied on other peoples hard work to get things done.

Talk about the salute and lockerroom all you want.. I don't care about any of that.

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
Where did I say he was fast? .. Of course he isn't fast. But fast and hard working are 2 totally different things. KO never relied on other peoples hard work to get things done.

Talk about the salute and lockerroom all you want.. I don't care about any of that.
Krebs played with two crap players last year and okposo was the crappiest. Hard working? Or hardly working?

I know some people loved him and he was a nice guy and his injury history was alarming. But he was not that good while he was with Sabres

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Krebs played with two crap players last year and okposo was the crappiest. Hard working? Or hardly working?

I know some people loved him and he was a nice guy and his injury history was alarming. But he was not that good while he was with Sabres
and yet Okie and Girgensons consistently outscored Krebs and it didn't matter if they had Jost or him as their C. Frankly, they might've been a more impactful line without Krebs. He's just not a good NHL player, yet.

I don't think people want to admit that Krebs is not what they thought he'd be. I'm not seeing flashes of a guy that'll be an impact player. I compare that to Mitts or even Quinn, where you constantly see flashes of elite traits in their games that give you hope of a good top 6 player.

I think we all need to be done making excuses for him. He's been provided with ample opportunity to who he was more than a 4th liner/13th forward type. Clearly the Sabres have realized he's not someone they're willing to rely on going into the year. If they could somehow package him for something better, it'd probably be for the best. But, I'm still not willing to give him away for a late round pick.

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Joe & Lance said that it is weird how nobody is talking about what is up with Krebs and his contract.

Joe said he has reached out to Krebs's agent and inferred that Lance had as well. Joe was basically given a "no comment" by the agent and he said nobody within the organization is talking about what is up, either.

Honestly, I don't get why he didn't sign his QO.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Joe & Lance said that it is weird how nobody is talking about what is up with Krebs and his contract.

Joe said he has reached out to Krebs's agent and inferred that Lance had as well. Joe was basically given a "no comment" by the agent and he said nobody within the organization is talking about what is up, either.

Honestly, I don't get why he didn't sign his QO.

I wonder if Krebs has read the tea leaves and quietly requested a trade.

Reactions: Jacob582

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
and yet Okie and Girgensons consistently outscored Krebs and it didn't matter if they had Jost or him as their C. Frankly, they might've been a more impactful line without Krebs. He's just not a good NHL player, yet.

I don't think people want to admit that Krebs is not what they thought he'd be. I'm not seeing flashes of a guy that'll be an impact player. I compare that to Mitts or even Quinn, where you constantly see flashes of elite traits in their games that give you hope of a good top 6 player.

I think we all need to be done making excuses for him. He's been provided with ample opportunity to who he was more than a 4th liner/13th forward type. Clearly the Sabres have realized he's not someone they're willing to rely on going into the year. If they could somehow package him for something better, it'd probably be for the best. But, I'm still not willing to give him away for a late round pick.
Krebs shot is not that good. That needs to improve for him to be a scorer

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
I’m not sure why we are talking about Okposo’s NHL career when the topic is related to Krebs in regard to the tail end of his career, where he quite literally might have been the slowest skater in the league.

I don’t think Krebs has had a fair shake, and I also think it’s reasonable he hasn’t, given the shakeup of our roster.

Krebs best assets are his vision and passing. It’s a bad feeling for me because I can see him being successful elsewhere in the right environment.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Well that's a word salad of nothing. Makes me think they're trying to trade him and KA is being careful

Kevyn Adams press conference mad libs isn't something I knew I needed....until now.

But seriously....the writing is on the wall:

1. The Sabres added two bottom six centers this summer (McLeod/Lafferty) three bottom six wingers (Zucker/Malenstyn/NAK), all paying well over market, either via trade cost or UFA cost.
2. The fact that the contract isn't done when it should have been a 10 minute call with his agent to haggle over whether it was just the QO or a two year bridge.

Krebs is gone, its likely a matter of time and if we get anything back for him.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I wonder if Krebs has read the tea leaves and quietly requested a trade.
Here is the problem:

How did that work out for VO last year?

Plus, if he really does want out, signing his QO likely makes him more tradeable. So, unless he is trying to act like he is open to signing in Europe, I don't get what is happening.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Krebs wants to be here is the thing. He was one of two or three players and Kevyns end of the year presser, he is tight with all the guys on the team, just a great guy to have in the room.

I'm surprised he isn't signing. I'm also surprised we won't give him 1x1M if that's what he is asking for.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Krebs wants to be here is the thing. He was one of two or three players and Kevyns end of the year presser, he is tight with all the guys on the team, just a great guy to have in the room.

I'm surprised he isn't signing. I'm also surprised we won't give him 1x1M if that's what he is asking for.
His QO was around $874k.

I he wants 1 yr $1M, why not sign the QO if the team wasn't going to give you $1M?

Reactions: Zman5778 and Fjordy

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
It's a strange situation, maybe he doesn't want to be the 13th F or maybe he just wants a role in the top 9.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
That is all well and good, but what team is trading for him and giving him a top 9 role given how things have gone the past couple of seasons?
No idea, but I think there are a couple teams in the league that could give him chance at a top 9.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad