Value of: Pettersson vs Eichel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Ok, I am not saying who has more value, but I am asking

Who has more value at this moment?

Slumping Pettersson or Injured Eichel?

My thoughts on it.............

If Eichel has his surgery and he returns to pre-injury Eichel, then I would assume he would have more value.

With Pettersson, I think he has shown some glimpses of his former self, before his injury. I also think Pettersson is in a bad coaching situation at the moment.

So, I see merits in both players, and probably see less risk in Pettersson, but???????????

I keep asking myself......would Pettersson get the Eichel trade, if he was available, or more, or less?

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I think I already know what Vancouver fans would say, but what about the rest of you?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I can't see Pettersson fetching as much until he starts putting up the points (in which case, why trade him?)

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
There’s no reason to believe Eichel won’t return to form. He’s the better player all day, every day. Eichel is worth more

Reactions: TML1990

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
petterson has been terrible this season and has a huge contract. Eichel at least can be back to his superstar self once he comes back

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Petey's looking back to form tonight, as most of us predicted happening sooner or later. Eichel got Buffalo a good return, and that will be better than Pettersson gets, for no other reason than we don't want to trade him.

Reactions: bh53 and gianni

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
LOL wtf?

158 points in 176 games... terrible, eh?

He's 22 years old and has played under 200 games, the kid's career is just getting started.
It's just an unfortunate start to a season coming off injury and missing training camp during contract negotiations.
He is just a typical Leafs fan who thinks Mickey Mouse Marner is worth 11 million :rolleyes: Petersson will get back to his old form eventually and this board will once again praise him.

Reactions: dez

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Writing's on the NHL scoring leaders board now -- one's a Selke caliber, all situations top C who almost had as many assists as the other has points. The other might be on a contender, but on an individual level it's no longer close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad