Value of: Petr Mrazek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Mrazek has been great this year for the Hawks. Seems like a deadline trade target for some. Hes got a cap hit of 3.8 and and UFA next year. Anyone besides Edmonton in the market? What are some trade scenarios?

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
As a UFA he's got value as the big fear is injury. I'd love for my Oil to target him and somehow get rid of Campbell. Worst case, he walks in UFA and we use the LTIR space. Now how to get the Hawk's to take Campbell is a whole other issue.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
David Rittich got a third round pick back so it’s going to be more than a third. I don’t see a team giving up a first for a goalie rental (has that ever happened before?). So more than a third but less than a first in value.

Reactions: Czechboy

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Mrazek has always been capable of playing great for stretches. But there's a reason the Canes and Leafs recognized he was a mistake playing if they had any aspirations of winning anything

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Mrazek has always been capable of playing great for stretches. But there's a reason the Canes and Leafs recognized he was a mistake playing if they had any aspirations of winning anything
Seems like something that could be useful in the playoffs if you don't have a goalie that can do that now.

I would think Canes fans would want him over Raanta or Kochetkov right now. Edmonton over Campbell? Detroit Husso? Tampa over Johansson? Seattles goalies? Minnys Goalies? Vanecek in NJ?

Toronto wont but hes better then Samsonov right now.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Seems like something that could be useful in the playoffs if you don't have a goalie that can do that now.

I would think Canes fans would want him over Raanta or Kochetkov right now. Edmonton over Campbell? Detriot Husso? Tampa over Johansson? Seattles goalies? Minnys Goalies? Vanecek in NJ?

I sort of felt like the big problem in TO wasn't how bad he played but that he was always hurt. I'm not defending him or trying to suggest he is Hellebyuck but his TO run was a very injury riddled affair.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I'd pay 60% for Mrazek of what I'd pay for Jake Allen

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

I would think Canes fans would want him over Raanta or Kochetkov right now. Edmonton over Campbell? Detroit Husso? Tampa over Johansson? Seattles goalies? Minnys Goalies? Vanecek in NJ?

Not really because the downside is he can lose you the series very easily if he is off

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Not really because the downside is he can lose you the series very easily if he is off
Yes, you would not be trading for his downside. The teams trading for him would either have him as a security blanket for there #1 or dont have a 1 and need a guy that can tandem and hope for a good stretch in the playoffs.

Hes a UFA. The hawks can retain back to 1.9million.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Kings might be interested. We'd need the Hawks to take Copely back and retain on Mrazek.

Mrazek has only played in LA 3 times, but he's been great there. Need a guy like him who be an upgrade over Copely and potentially get hot if 36 year old Talbot gets injured or goes cold.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
He plays on worst team in league and the difference between him in net and our #2 is clear

Mrazek
6-8 with 3.17 GAA and .907 Sv Pct (1 SO)

Soderblom
2-8-1 with 3.62 GAA and .884 Sv Pct

If Mrazek was on a better team his #'s would be much better

He is good low cost buy for team in need of goalie
I love me some Mrazek, his elite play down the stretch in '18-'19 got the Canes back into the playoffs for the first time in a decade. Super likeable guy and easy to root for. But I've seen enough of him to be confident in saying he would not be a great pickup for a team this year, no matter how well he has started this year for the hawks.

Reactions: Daeavorn

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I love me some Mrazek, his elite play down the stretch in '18-'19 got the Canes back into the playoffs for the first time in a decade. Super likeable guy and easy to root for. But I've seen enough of him to be confident in saying he would not be a great pickup for a team this year, no matter how well he has started this year for the hawks.
well this seems close minded. there are plenty of scenarios where picking up capable nhl goalie (playing very well) as a rental at a low cost and cap hit could benefit a team. you didnt even say a return...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad