Peterborough Petes 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I thought he was going to be the pest/shit disturber to complement the skill of the Taylor/Young/Fitzgerald/Cameron types. I have no idea what happened for the likes of Parish and Marentette who are the same age to have somehow have surpassed him on the depth chart.

I think flat out the Petes are a better team with Cadorin and (#3 overall in U18 draft) Dylan Turcotte on their roster and I'm really puzzled why both have been so quickly dismissed.
We won’t see cadorin again must not be Wilson’s type of player very baffling the roster decisions lately playing with basically 10 forwards last night because Marentette is a defenceman playing forward which makes zero sense

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
If we are thinking this team is better without McCallum I think you’re crazy! Just my opinion.
Hope he’s back sooner than later. Petes need him in the lineup
McCaullum and Cameron are the 2 best players on this team and there isn't anyone even close to being at their level imo.

McCallum will draw criticism because he plays the game with a lot of emotion and lets it get the better of him at times but we have to remember we are talking about a kid that's only played one full season of OHL hockey and is still molding his game.

I can also say he watches the game with as much emotion as he plays with sitting near him last night. This kid absolutely loves the game and is probably one of the more passionate kids i have come across. -I guarantee at least 15 other teams would take this kid in a second and its getting harder and harder to come across kids with a work ethic like he has.

Carson Cameron also played a very good game last night and was a shot blocking machine out there.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I hope last night wasn't an indiction of how the season series will go...two awful teams playing terribly boring, uninspired hockey.
Oshawa isn’t playing anywhere near what they’re capable of I think that team will look a lot a different post trade deadline. If they get Ritchie and Roobroeck back at some point and add another OA they could be very dangerous

Pucks Deep

Apr 4, 2020
McCaullum and Cameron are the 2 best players on this team and there isn't anyone even close to being at their level imo.

McCallum will draw criticism because he plays the game with a lot of emotion and lets it get the better of him at times but we have to remember we are talking about a kid that's only played one full season of OHL hockey and is still molding his game.

I can also say he watches the game with as much emotion as he plays with sitting near him last night. This kid absolutely loves the game and is probably one of the more passionate kids i have come across. -I guarantee at least 15 other teams would take this kid in a second and its getting harder and harder to come across kids with a work ethic like he has.

Carson Cameron also played a very good game last night and was a shot blocking machine out there.
Great insight. Thanks

HabsPetes119

Sep 22, 2024

Not sure how u can say so sure McCallum is one of our best players. This year he either takes dumb penalties or he looks like he doesn't care not much in between. Of course I want him in the lineup and I agree he is one of our better players but he desperately needs to refine his game.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I haven't followed Barlow much as he was in the western conference and he did go down at one point in this game, crashing into Bowen, but even before that I have to ask, is he playing through something or is he an awful skater?

I mean, he was a first round NHL pick, so it has to be he's playing though something but he looked awful on his feet tonight and there has to be something going on there.
He blew by Cameron for a breakaway on the play you're taking about and Cameron is a pretty good skater, no?

He's definitely more known for his shot than his skating, but the feet didn't look awful on that play..

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Not sure how u can say so sure McCallum is one of our best players. This year he either takes dumb penalties or he looks like he doesn't care not much in between. Of course I want him in the lineup and I agree he is one of our better players but he desperately needs to refine his game.
Because he is. (from what i have seen as a regular live viewer in Peterborough caring is not an issue with that kid. If anything he cares too much to the point where hockey may not even be fun for him the way he wears his emotions.
No one on that team puts in an effort comparable to his.

His balance and stability are probably one of his flaws but he's still growing and as he grows he will stay on his feet more and learn to use his body better instead of throwing it around so recklessly at times.
His discipline is a bit of an issue though i agree.

Reactions: Section5Petes

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I’m assuming they go back to Bowen again tonight? With all the injuries and short guys up front already I can’t see them scratching one of the OA’s.

HabsPetes119

Sep 22, 2024
He blew by Cameron for a breakaway on the play you're taking about and Cameron is a pretty good skater, no?

He's definitely more known for his shot than his skating, but the feet didn't look awful on that play..
He looked good in that burst but I thought he looked hurt from the beginning of the night, was skating funny and hardly moving most the time and then that fall into the net only made it worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad