Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
100% agree with @Petes here. The only move I would realistically expect at this point is a trade of one of the OAs and if I had to guess, Sztuska will be dealt but you never know. No reason to start adding right now before you truly get to see what you have with some of these young players who were on the team last year or could earn a spot in camp. We really don’t know what this team is quite yet so there is plenty of time to wait things out

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
100% agree with @Petes here. The only move I would realistically expect at this point is a trade of one of the OAs and if I had to guess, Sztuska will be dealt but you never know. No reason to start adding right now before you truly get to see what you have with some of these young players who were on the team last year or could earn a spot in camp. We really don’t know what this team is quite yet so there is plenty of time to wait things out
I don’t expect any trades prior to training camp. I am thinking they will make their decisions on who their starting goaltender will be after the exhibition games. The Petes will likely trade Liam Sztuska but will only do so if they are confident that Zack Bowen can be the starting goaltender. If they trade Sztuska I think they will use the third spot on an overage defenceman which they likely acquire prior to or early in the season. The other needs will likely be addressed during the season. I would expect that any additions, with the exception of the overage defenceman, would be to add to the 2006 and 2007 age groups.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
To me it’s a question of “when” not “if”
I think we see him next season with the Petes if not this year. Is he a centre or a winger? On the CHL Draft page he is listed as a centre but I have seen on other postings he is winger.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I don’t expect any trades prior to training camp. I am thinking they will make their decisions on who their starting goaltender will be after the exhibition games. The Petes will likely trade Liam Sztuska but will only do so if they are confident that Zack Bowen can be the starting goaltender. If they trade Sztuska I think they will use the third spot on an overage defenceman which they likely acquire prior to or early in the season. The other needs will likely be addressed during the season. I would expect that any additions, with the exception of the overage defenceman, would be to add to the 2006 and 2007 age groups.
hmmm, I’d expect 1, maybe for a d

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
My guess - Petes trade for Jenken from Flint. Petes will use the three OA spots all on the forwards currently on the roster. Melee, Lefebrve and McIntyre.

Reactions: Section5Petes

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
sorry, dont you lecture everyone about what the petes will do and how they are wrong for believing otherwise? you should know more then me....

but yes, a d is incoming in the next few days, cost is 3 picks, 3,5 and 6 or something.
Any idea when this deal is happening?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Matejicek, Cameron, Strohack, Jenken, Gowan, Ladds, Haley/Woulds, Ula?

The Petes will not be adding an OA D.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Matejicek, Cameron, Strohack, Jenken, Gowan, Ladds, Haley/Woulds, Ula?

The Petes will not be adding an OA D.
I would agree an overage defenceman is not needed with this trade. I think we likely will see one of defencemen listed here traded or waived.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Yes.

What the rule then? Blake Arrowsmith played 9 games for London last year and 32 in the GOJHL.
the knights got him on a visa that allowed it, it’s pretty hard to do, especially if your not starting the via process until Sept

. I would bet that Uba won’t sign at this stage but what do I know.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
ula is american, they cant send him down, is he coming to camp?
He told the Peterborough Examiner after the draft that his goal was to play in the OHL. I think there is a good chance he will sign with the Petes after training camp. Can he play for the Petes U18 team? The Petes have placed several players there.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
He told the Peterborough Examiner after the draft that his goal was to play in the OHL. I think there is a good chance he will sign with the Petes after training camp. Can he play for the Petes U18 team? The Petes have placed several players there.
no, it’s the Petes or nothing or go back home

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
no, it’s the Petes or nothing or go back home
If they sign him this year I could see him rotating with Blake Gowan in the 6th spot. He could also wait to next year to sign. We will likely see him in a Petes uniform either this season or next. I expect he will be at training camp as he has indicated the OHL is the route he intends to take.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad