Penticton YoungStars Tourney (VAN/EDM/CGY/WPG) - Part 2

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Here are my three stars of the game.

1) Leon Draisaitl - BY FAR the best player on the ice tonight. Dynamic.
2) Kyle Platzer - Does everything well, played a stellar game tonight.
3) Mason McDonalds - Score could've been worse. Played very well.
HM) D.Nurse, P.Karnaukhov, B.Arnold, B.Christopher.

Terrible 3 stars

Oilers:

Laleggia
Rankin
Drasaitl

HM: Jones, Platzer, Winquist

Flames:

McDonald
Bennett
Andersson

HM: Poirer, Morrison, Arnold

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Was it me or did Bennett not play in the 3rd at all?

Wasnt just you he sat most of the third although I think it was more of Huska wanting to try out guys he will be able to use at the Ahl level because its not like Bennett was bad (He had/created a ton of chances).

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Also sucks for the Flames to have had injuries in back to back games to both Kylington and Culkin. Hopefully Kylington plays against the Canucks.

Aug 3, 2010
Very few players wanted to go with him back in the WHL.

I don't actually know if he is or not, but I think he'd be the type of fighter who goes insane on a guy, win or lose. Probably not a fun fight for anyone involved.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Also sucks for the Flames to have had injuries in back to back games to both Kylington and Culkin. Hopefully Kylington plays against the Canucks.

Yeah, we sorely missed Culkin after he went out and I didn't see Morrison out there much either near the end. I really wanted to see Kylington though, hope he can play the 'Nucks.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I don't like it, because traditionally speaking, defensive players consisted of two types of plays: taking away the puck (finesse) or separating the body from the puck (physical).
I'm not saying I want to see defensive players hook or trip a player on a breakaway - I'm saying that the league is taking away a perfectly legal play (taking away the puck) by muddying the line with not touching the player in addition to that, when in reality the puck has already left the control of the breakaway player in question. They're accusing/penalizing the defender of making a physical play when he's made a finesse play.

I agree its a dumb rule and a bandaid fix to a major problem

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Good
Mcdonald
Lallegia
Bennett
Drai
Christoffer
Lomberg
Papirny
Andersson
Nurse
Chase
Karny
Mangy
Big rig

Bad
Kanzig
Waltz
Fram

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Bennett played the 3rd but his ice time was somewhat reduced.

Wow, Draisaitl has what? 7 points in the 2 games?

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Agreed. McDonald played really great. This Christoffer kid works hard every shift. Not too bad of a player.

Yeah, he's been pretty dang good. Wonder how long he sticks in the big camp. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a few pre-season games.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
"Leon Draisaitl says he observed the Calgary d-men cheat behind the net during the game & saw an opportunity on his pass on tying goal"

that hockey IQ

McChucky

TOPPEP
Jul 15, 2007
YEG
Loving Cristoffer, he should get more playing time this fall. I liked Mason MacDonald too. Bennett, Nurse and Draisaitl all played well.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Nurse and Draisaitl were excellent for the Oilers. I thought McDonald was the star for the Flames but that little guy Mangiapane has real potential.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Good game overall, just wish the officiating hadn't altered the game as much as it did. It's not like it was a riot out there, I don't know why they kept everyone on such a tight leash.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I still don't see how anyone found that entertaining outside of the 3rd period

it was a drag tbh bc of the refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad