Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Oilers

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
It’s Johnston level bad now. I’ve been very conservative on Sullivan, but it’s beyond time. If a new coach doesn’t move the needle by the deadline sell anything you can

Sid’s a proud dude and wants to stay with Malkin and Letang…and I get that, but I can’t imagine this is what he wants, and this doesn’t strike me as a team that’s a couple pieces away unless a lot changes. Start with the coach and feel it out for the rest of the season

Reactions: Turin

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The difference is that the core was young and being wasted by Johnston.

This core is running on fumes and Al Bundy level memories of long gone greatness.

It's like if the Pirates half-assed it. Annoying, but in the end meaningless.

It makes it a bit less frustrating.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
There is not a single team in the league this group with this coach would beat in a 7 game series. Not Anaheim, not Columbus, not San Jose. Nobody.
Futile, weak physically and especially mentally.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
There is not a single team in the league this group with this coach would beat in a 7 game series. Not Anaheim, not Columbus, not San Jose. Nobody.
Futile, weak physically and especially mentally.
Scotty Bowman, Jack Adams and Bill Belichick in their primes could coach this team and they would be hard pressed to win a series or two in the playoffs.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
There's a timeline out there where Rutherford takes a nice morning dump after his dates and oatmeal breakfast, feels better, continues working and Lemieux and Burkle stay on for a little longer and Sullivan is fired in 2021.

Reactions: wizmet12

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Scotty Bowman, Jack Adams and Bill Belichick in their primes could coach this team and they would be hard pressed to win a series or two in the playoffs.
Which is a far cry from now where they would, like I said, not win a series against the bottom feeders of the league.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
TK and Jay and saying everything but “They’ve tuned out Sullivan”

“Need to change the system”
“Have a gameplan and they’re not executing it”
“Not making good decisions”
“Not on the same page”

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
It’s Johnston level bad now. I’ve been very conservative on Sullivan, but it’s beyond time. If a new coach doesn’t move the needle by the deadline sell anything you can

Sid’s a proud dude and wants to stay with Malkin and Letang…and I get that, but I can’t imagine this is what he wants, and this doesn’t strike me as a team that’s a couple pieces away unless a lot changes. Start with the coach and feel it out for the rest of the season
It's much worse than Johnston level. Year he got fired Pens started 15-8 and he got fired at 15-10. Bylsma and Shero got fired after a 51 win season. This organization used to have standards. This is straight up lottery level hockey.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yeah its pretty simple. Put a new coach in. It can't get worse.

If the objective is just to pick in the lottery though full steam ahead with Sully lol

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad