Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Oilers

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
What a complete bore this team is to watch.

Remember when people said Sid gave the Pens a bargain at 8.7 per??? LOL...

All these years, I refused to ever jump on the Letang is garbage bandwagon........until now. Have some self respect dude, hang em up. TRADE EVERYONE or fold the team and move them south.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
What a complete bore this team is to watch.

Remember when people said Sid gave the Pens a bargain at 8.7 per??? LOL...

All these years, I refused to ever jump on the Letang is garbage bandwagon........until now. Have some self respect dude, hang em up. TRADE EVERYONE or fold the team and move them south.

kev is finally right. The world is over.

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
  • Blomqvist - the only good thing we can all agree on with this team right now.
  • The rest - Absolute shit.
  • The coaching is the single biggest reason this team is absolute trash, the way the lineup is used, the awful system and lack of adjustments, the favouritism in the lineup and just far too much of it going back to how awful this coaching is.

There is just no other option for this team, I would not move a single player on this current roster before firing Sullivan and his staff and then seeing if a new coach in a week or two can get more out of them and then make moves.

I would hire Todd Nelson for the interim coach, maybe keep Vellucci at most but yeah, I would immediately fire Sullivan and Quinn, there is no way Quinn should stay if Sullivan goes, that’s replacing a turd with an identical turd and expecting a different result. The issues were always building up to this, for years, they kept ignoring it, kept trading away players he kept misusing and then blamed the GM or the players.

They will instead find excuses for why they played poorly, saying its too early in the season while pretending last 2 seasons didn’t happen, they can’t blame goaltending even while Jarry has been awful he was 1-1, so they can f*** that narrative too, this is a poorly coached team and they need to finally move the f*** on.

A lot of us expected them to be bad today, predictably, I mentioned the Oilers will dunk on their asses in shots but not even I expected it to be this bad…

giphy.gif

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
kev is finally right. The world is over.
I mean... All of that crap I got hammered at for years about not becoming Detroit.... And here we are. If you went' back and pulled out a post from 4-5 years ago, I would be nostradangles...

nobody cares............. especially the big 4 and sully. Wonder what their last paystubs looked like???

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Thought the score would be worse. Dubas should be holding an auction on every player going forward.
It’d be ignorant of him to do that before firing the coach and seeing if a new coach got better performances out of them and I am willing to wager a new coach that isn’t Sullivan or Quinn, 100% would get a better performance out of this group and use the line-up better than this coach has, as well as make better line-up choices.

I just can’t blame the players when it’s been a problem that extends before some of these players were on this team.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I mean... All of that crap I got hammered at for years about not becoming Detroit.... And here we are. If you went' back and pulled out post from 4-5 years ago, I would be nostradangles...

nobody cares............. especially the big 4 and sully. Wonder what their last paystubs looked like???

I mean it’s easy to be right when you say the same thing for 5 years brother. But congrats. I’ll send you a bouquet.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I mean it’s easy to be right when you say the same thing for 5 years brother. But congrats. I’ll send you a bouquet.
It's not that I was right, it simply boggles my mind that they have paid millions to a front office staff and none of those bozos had a clue. I can't wrap my head around a part time fan hundreds of miles away being able to do a better job than all of that assembled high paid staff.

My butt cheeks are warm

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I think the worst part of this and even last year was first seeing Malkin question his entire game and himself and the media still shitting on him and fans here acting like he was done, then seeing Crosby starting to question his game and his defensive game not being there (which is true, but having Rust doesn’t help either on his line) and you have 2 of the franchise players in back 2 back years questioning their game publicly and visibly not playing well.

In Geno’s case, he had Rakell with a f***ed shoulder and Smith who just didn’t fit forced down his throat while also being off his game, Sid is at least getting the benefit of some changes, but in a system that is designed to get dunked on because a coach refuses to make the necessary adjustments for years now and realistically likely has no idea how to adjust his system to work…this is the shit show we’re stuck with seeing now. How is Sid supposed to bounce back when the coach plays favourites with Rust? He wants to get Bunting going but has only tried him sparingly elsewhere and expects that to work? He sits a player for literally no reason and gives others indefinite rope to do nothing while not getting demoted or healthy scratched.

It pisses me off more that Dubas was more decisive and impatient with things in Toronto while being overly patient in Pittsburgh when it’s worse than it was in Toronto when he was there.

It’s just frustrating to see these players playing so lost out there because the message hasn’t made sense to them for a couple of seasons now and they would rather blame themselves than the coach and the coach is more than happy to do the same while ignorantly giving himself the least amount of heat for this shit. Blomqvist deserved better, all of these players do.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
It's not that I was right, it simply boggles my mind that they have paid millions to a front office staff and none of those bozos had a clue. I can't wrap my head around a part time fan hundreds of miles away being able to do a better job than all of that assembled high paid staff.

My butt cheeks are warm
I don’t give a shit if I was right or was on the fire Sullivan wagon in its infancy or anyone else, it doesn’t matter.

The fact that other teams fire coaches for less what Sullivan has coached this team into the last couple of seasons is just beyond frustrating when they’re giving him the benefit of the doubt for 2015-2017’s work.

It’s 2024 heading into 2025…since then he’s done jack shit, has had multiple players moved because of his idiotic usage, his system has been shit for consistency, etc etc…it’s been discussed to death but yeah, to be this bullet proof as a coach in the NHL is just f***ing absurd.

Makes absolutely zero sense.

Ownership said that they don't care if they team wins, only that the names sell tickets.

And the team said, " challenge accepted".
More like Sullivan said “See let me show you guys what they meant by that, I’ll coach this team into the ground and they will do nothing to me and blame everything else.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad