Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Caps |OT loss| Kap sucks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

We lost because:

• Kap sucks and our PK let us down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Whinging about the goalie is such basic fandom.

I don't watch hockey to put it all down to the creepy dude in all the pads. Nor are we a team built around a Superstar goalie like Hasek or Lundqvist. If my team outplays the opponent and loses, then I'll blame the goalie. We didn't outplay the Caps here, though we got some favorable reffing.
Completely disagree with all of this. We had more zone time and better quality scoring chances than the Caps did.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Kapanen is going to take the heat, and didn't do anything not to deserve it, but Orlov completely embarrassed Crosby on that goal.
mu beef on that goal is that he lost the puck prior to that for no reason and than instead of changing, skated back...I don't think he has much upstairs

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Amazing that people can't see Jarrys play has been sub par of late. Absolutely amazing.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Sids line had five or six, that's more than the Caps entire team. The ice was tilted in the Caps end for a large portion of the game.

The goalie got beaten pretty decidedly on the Malkin goal and the 1st Rust goal, did he not? Like, the other goalie(s) made a bad?

It's nice that the guy stopped Sid's line at ES but that's also on Sid's line.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The goalie got beaten pretty decidedly on the Malkin goal and the 1st Rust goal, did he not? Like, the other goalie(s) made a bad?

It's nice that the guy stopped Sid's line at ES but that's also on Sid's line.
You don't think Samsonov outplayed Jarry tonight?

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I would say Jarry did not play well.

This one was easy to call.

Penguins did their shoot a million shots but not finish thing like they do when they are in bad mode.

They have no even strength scoring and do not even look like they threaten really. Their shots were low danger most of the time.

Things will not get better until they revert back to some semblance of how they played during ten game win streak. Today was getting closer to that, but they still will be a first round exit with this effort.
Jarry was Ok not great but OK, did not lose the game. Caps with 10 HDCF he came up with 6 saves. he needs to get back to 80% for us to have a chance to win when we give up 10 HDCF

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You may watch the same games as me, but I watch them in a far deeper and more intellectual way than you ever will.
If you don't find fault with Jarrys performances of late then clearly that's not the case at all. While many players play has dropped up, excusing Jarry is clearly a very naive take.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
You don't think Samsonov outplayed Jarry tonight?

Marginally, yes. If Sid elevates his semi-breakaway it could be a different story.

Complaining about goalies is terribly, terribly boring. And in this case the team can't realistically do anything about it. Jarry is too good to replace but maybe not good enough to be trusted. Still, you realize that with an average performance from him this season we are 10 points lower in the standings?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Marginally, yes. If Sid elevates his semi-breakaway it could be a different story.

Complaining about goalies is terribly, terribly boring. And in this case the team can't realistically do anything about it. Jarry is too good to replace but maybe not good enough to be trusted. Still, you realize that with an average performance from him this season we are 10 points lower in the standings?
He's played exceptionally well the majority of the season. No question, but lately he's been well below average. His goals against and save percentage reflect that. That doesn't excuse letang or Geno turning pucks over in the middle of the ice and feeding the oppositions transition game, but Jarry has also slipped. Not sure how anyone can truthfully suggest otherwise.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
We didn’t even look bad, Caps were more opportunistic.

I think this skid before a break could be a blessing in disguise. Time to focus on ourselves and come out of the week off hungry. I’ll only hit worry mode if they don’t.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
If you don't find fault with Jarrys performances of late then clearly that's not the case at all. While many players play has dropped up, excusing Jarry is clearly a very naive take.
When did I say that or even imply it? Please cite specific examples. Thank you

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
He's played exceptionally well the majority of the season. No question, but lately he's been well below average. His goals against and save percentage reflect that. That doesn't excuse letang or Geno turning pucks over in the middle of the ice and feeding the oppositions transition game, but Jarry has also slipped. Not sure how anyone can truthfully suggest otherwise.

He has slipped in the last 2 weeks. 100%.

I just don't care frankly. Not while the team aside from one line is anemic at even strength. I watch hockey for the skaters, not for the goalies. I get little enjoyment out of that part of the game. Maybe if I grew up as a Hasek fan I'd almost root for the other teams to pour it on so that he could keep bailing my team out and adding to his legacy. But my baseline expectation for a Pens team in this era is to have better chances than their opponent and entertain me. If the skaters are doing that and the goalie is sh1tting the bed, fine I'll blame the goalie. That isn't happening now.

Reactions: Flying Dego

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
At the risk of giving people a heart attack, I'm going to look at things positively for a moment.

Yes, we've lost 4 in a row and in 3 of them looked pretty ass for a lot of the games. However, if you're going to slump and "lose" games at the very least take them to OT. And the Pens were able to get 3 points in 4 of those losses, which helps a lot more in the standings than if the Pens had outright lost 4 straight in regulation.

But seriously, fix the 5on5 scoring shit. It's pathetic.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
People also overlook we pay him 3.5M a year and have gotten insane value this year. If he were making Vasi money then hell ya I'd be holding him to a super high standard nightly.

If your team is shit your goalie will get hung out to dry. It's really basic.
Jarry has had 3 games where he's been shelled in one of them pretty decidedly and the other 2 where his defense again was doing him zero favours.

That shit is not acceptable even if we had MVP Hasek in net.

Reactions: The Old Master

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
He has slipped in the last 2 weeks. 100%.

I just don't care frankly. Not while the team aside from one line is anemic at even strength. I watch hockey for the skaters, not for the goalies. I get little enjoyment out of that part of the game. Maybe if I grew up as a Hasek fan I'd almost root for the other teams to pour it on so that he could keep bailing my team out and adding to his legacy. But my baseline expectation for a Pens team in this era is to have better chances than their opponent and entertain me. If the skaters are doing that and the goalie is sh1tting the bed, fine I'll blame the goalie. That isn't happening now.

100% correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad