Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
By my count we’re at 49 contracts? Yager would make 50, but Pieniniemi and Howe are going to slide. And Yager would if sent back.

We have a bunch of useless contracts taking up space that I’d be willing to dump on whoever. Nieto, Frasca, that guy we got for Svejkovsky. Need to start throwing these guys into trades.

Couple NHL contracts in the ECHL is fine but if it’s more than that you’re doing something wrong. I mean Jagger Joshua certainly deserves an NHL deal over some of those guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

Fordy

May 28, 2008
commenting on nothing but the smith trade, i feel like people are forgetting how much his absence is addition by subtraction. the coach wasted 4 months at least feeding him top 6 minutes while he was the stick where plays went to die. he was outplayed by both doc and pusty at points, who everyone considers to be replacement level guys it seems

Last edited:

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Any updates on Kase? Still think that’s a potential high upside low risk move

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Add Canada to that list.
11c2.gif

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We should absolutely be aggregating early round picks because of the odds. The more you have the better chance you have getting a NHL player. Not gold, more like lottery tickets on a much smaller scale.
You get it, others just don't understand. This team is done winning, might as well build up picks and prospects in the interim.

All about the return. I mean, if it's Graves, Eller, NYR 2nd for Hall...yes. 1000 times yes. Outside of "a bunch of crap" I don't see what we could realistically offer that makes sense...cap HAS to be going out
We won't be trading picks UNLESS it's for an even higher pick.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Any updates on Kase? Still think that’s a potential high upside low risk move
Haven't heard a thing since he was briefly brought up by whoever threw his name around. I wouldn't mind him if he took the Puljujarvi route, camp invite, gets in the odd preseason game here and there, signs in WBS if he's doing well around the New Year, sure give him a next to nothing deal.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think Kase is a waste of contract slot honestly. His injury history is too significant to ignore and he's an okay player at best. One, he should stay home in the Czech league. He did well there last year. Two, we have similar players who can be trusted to play more games.

Reactions: Gurglesons

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It's a shame it didn't really work out for Zohorna. He was occasionally a very fun player to watch, but he's just not quite an NHL caliber talent.
Unfortunately, he belongs in Europe. He is a classic AAAA player—good in the AHL, but he can't hack it in the NHL. Three teams across four seasons proves this. He was a decent guy though. I liked having him here. Stinks he won't be in WBS.

The only reason he got the extra time he did was because he's 6'7. If he was 5'11, he would have been out of the league a couple years ago.

He needs to go back to Czechia and do well at home.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think Kase is a waste of contract slot honestly. His injury history is too significant to ignore and he's an okay player at best. One, he should stay home in the Czech league. He did well there last year. Two, we have similar players who can be trusted to play more games.

I don't know if we have similar players if he gets back to prime Kase, but at his age, with his injury history, I don't know why he'd come back.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
Explain to me someone why getting picks for 3 years from now is actually secretly better because all it says to me is that we’re bad now and we can’t even get some short term advantage from it. :laugh:

Like I’m willing to hear the reason but I frankly do not see it.
I don't know about 'better', but the Rangers don't have a 2nd in 2025 or 2026, so it's the earliest 2nd we could've gotten from them.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Pettersson extension update………. it’s not been discussed.

I don't know how i want us to handle Pettersson tbh. But if Crosby doesn't sign ita 100% wasted to sign Pettersson to a long term deal. Better grab assets in a trade then.

But even if Crosby gets extended im split about what do do with Pettersson. Probably still try to trade him, unless he's ok with signing shorter term, 3 or 4 years aligning with Sid contract ends.
But I guess this is his last chance of cashing in on a 7-8 year deal. So no idea why he would accept anything under 5 years

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
As far as keeping Pettersson goes, I'd say it depends on how much the contract is for.
The idea of keeping him around as a veteran isn't a horrible one. We will want veterans around to help guide the n00blets after the core is gone.
But, I don't want to pay him $6M a season to do that.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
You trade Petts, 100%. Not even a hesitation. Maybe you can trade him down the line with his new extension, maybe you can't--but guys like Petts go for late 1sts to competing teams all the time at the TDL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad