Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
I'm really not particularly worried about Sid not intending to re-sign. There have been zero reports from anyone credible saying anything other than "Sid is going to re-sign before his contract expires, there is no chance he goes anywhere." One would imagine there would be at least SOME media sensationalism - particularly from Canadian outlets - if someone even perceived a whiff of discontentment from Crosby's camp.
God Damn! and This Guy Gets It - GIFs - Imgur

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I think if Crosby Gets traded Letang and Malkin would get traded as well.

I have mentioned some sort of Crosby trade where

Crosby 50% to Colorado for a 1st + Ritchie.
Crosby signs 3 or 4 years at 8.7. With the Max on every way to make it great.

Malkin and Letang at deadline/offseason

Karlsson retained at 50% at offseason.
Petterson traded at deadline.

Are team would be upside down But this would kick start the horrible years to come.

Pickering plays in the NHL next year.
Hire a vet LD/RD high dollar low year amount to eat minutes

Yager Poulin Pono all play in the NHL next year.
I think Malkin would stay. Letang definitely would want to go and if Crosby and Letang are gone, Rust will be open to waiving his NMC. I'm fine with that scenario. I'd hate to see all 3 gone, I'd hope Malkin would stay and just finish out his career as a Penguin.

Reactions: Sidgeni Malkby

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I'm really not particularly worried about Sid not intending to re-sign. There have been zero reports from anyone credible saying anything other than "Sid is going to re-sign before his contract expires, there is no chance he goes anywhere." One would imagine there would be at least SOME media sensationalism - particularly from Canadian outlets - if someone even perceived a whiff of discontentment from Crosby's camp.
Crosby is also notoriously private and has zero social media. He keeps everything close to his vest and if he did decide maybe he wants to play elsewhere, only he would know. Not dipshit bootlickers like Madden, Yohe, and Rossi. This is weird since Sid is usually signed way earlier and now he's even past the day a super superstitious bloke like him would also sign on. We're pretty close to camp now as well.

Would it be wrong for Sid? In a sense yes, he sold the retire together bullshit to Letang and Malkin. To want out now would be shitty to them. But if he wants to go, then he wants to go. I think I'm more intrigued by him going as it could have bigger implications on a bigger retool/rebuild plan from Kindergarten Kyle and maybe Sullivan mulls over wanting to stay after a year into his new deal and pulls a Maurice and steps down (I pray, not wish, f***ing pray for this).

Sid wanting to leave to say go play with Mack is fine, Letang wanting to then go play for his hometown is fine too, Malkin isn't really like that I think. It's not like he has some bff he trains with in the off season or goes back to his hometown nhl city.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Crosby is also notoriously private and has zero social media. He keeps everything close to his vest and if he did decide maybe he wants to play elsewhere, only he would know. Not dipshit bootlickers like Madden, Yohe, and Rossi. This is weird since Sid is usually signed way earlier and now he's even past the day a super superstitious bloke like him would also sign on. We're pretty close to camp now as well.

Would it be wrong for Sid? In a sense yes, he sold the retire together bullshit to Letang and Malkin. To want out now would be shitty to them. But if he wants to go, then he wants to go. I think I'm more intrigued by him going as it could have bigger implications on a bigger retool/rebuild plan from Kindergarten Kyle and maybe Sullivan mulls over wanting to stay after a year into his new deal and pulls a Maurice and steps down (I pray, not wish, f***ing pray for this).

Sid wanting to leave to say go play with Mack is fine, Letang wanting to then go play for his hometown is fine too, Malkin isn't really like that I think. It's not like he has some bff he trains with in the off season or goes back to his hometown nhl city.
The birthday signing stuff was always a joke because of his superstitions.

But he's never signed on his birthday.

Per PuckPedia, he signed his ELC deal on Sept. 9, 2005.

He signed his first extension on July 7, 2007. He signed his current contract on June 28, 2012.

Sid signing potentially his final NHL contract on 8/7 was just a meme.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

He signed his first extension on July 7, 2007. He signed his current contract on June 28, 2012.

Hm... 2/3 of those are dates that have already lapsed. Sooooooooo what you're saying here is there's a like 66% chance he doesn't sign? Gosh DP I didn't figure you for the cynic!

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012

The first one being late was what I mentioned a while back. The current one was actually signed July 1st. It got quicker and quicker.

Letang signed his current contract July 7th and Malkin was "late" in his with July 12th and both were well into free agency at that point and they weren't extensions, they were retained as free agents. Crosby's could maybe go that route too or he signs the latest in a long time, over a decade since that happened with him.

Some want to say ah he will sign. He probably will.

But it's more fun to wonder if he doesn't.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
The first one being late was what I mentioned a while back. The current one was actually signed July 1st. It got quicker and quicker.

Letang signed his current contract July 7th and Malkin was "late" in his with July 12th and both were well into free agency at that point and they weren't extensions, they were retained as free agents. Crosby's could maybe go that route too or he signs the latest in a long time, over a decade since that happened with him.

Some want to say ah he will sign. He probably will.

But it's more fun to wonder if he doesn't.
Letang and Malkin signed before free agency. Malkin signed the night before free agency began at 11 p.m.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I think if Crosby Gets traded Letang and Malkin would get traded as well.

I have mentioned some sort of Crosby trade where

Crosby 50% to Colorado for a 1st + Ritchie.
Crosby signs 3 or 4 years at 8.7. With the Max on every way to make it great.

Malkin and Letang at deadline/offseason

Karlsson retained at 50% at offseason.
Petterson traded at deadline.

Are team would be upside down But this would kick start the horrible years to come.

Pickering plays in the NHL next year.
Hire a vet LD/RD high dollar low year amount to eat minutes

Yager Poulin Pono all play in the NHL next year.

Not that I think Sid is leaving but Colorado is over the cap already by $5+ mil and Landeskog will be back this season so no LTIR for a full season.

Av’s biggest need is a good goalie.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Not that I think Sid is leaving but Colorado is over the cap already by $5+ mil and Landeskog will be back this season so no LTIR for a full season.

So you’re saying there’s a chance we trade them Jarry? Noice…

• Love
Reactions: Giskard

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

We can take back Nickushkin if it's a concern and they can then fit Crosby.

Right now his contract will be pro rated at 20% less games with suspension.
Send 1 D down they make the cap

Landeskog maybe comes back for playoffs incredibly hard to come back from his injury.

Crosby + Ned for NICH + 1ST + CONDITIONAL 27 1ST - if they make final in 2025 or 2026 with Crosby on roster.
+ ritchie.

We can throw stuff around and make it work.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
If Sid went to the Avs i could see them winning 2 out of the next 3. Which means the Pens should ask for a ransom coming back that helps with the reset greatly.

It almost makes too much sense for all parties involved.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I live in So Cal and my friends who are Kings fan were disappointed they didn't re-sign Lizotte.
Lizotte was fun to watch in Kings games, he's a little firecracker of a player. I just know that pea-brained Sullivan is going to attempt to use him like Sheary and we'll all be disappointed.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Letang and Malkin signed before free agency. Malkin signed the night before free agency began at 11 p.m.

Oh right, the Free Agency period was pushed back, but the point still stands, they were completed in the first 2 weeks of July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad