Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: Dull days of August... Oooo! A trade!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

What on gods earth do we need another bottom 6 center for lmao :laugh::laugh:

this-is-so-exciting-matheson.gif

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
He's a top six forward ideally with his skill set. Interested to see what we gave up.

Hopefully they are taking Eller, Acciari, and Nieto and maaaaaybe Graves!!!!

He’s pretty bad going off the last I read what NSH fans thought of him.

Hopefully it’s a cap dump situation akin to Hayes. Preds have no space and a lot of picks.

He's a 25 year old former top 10 pick.

He's what Dubas said he was going to be doing.

Indeed. The TBL 2nd would be handy.

Yeah hopefully they’re paid to take him.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Glass is analytically really good defensively, so it's definitely an interesting pickup for a bottom-6 role. I'd be extremely happy taking on Glass for cheap and then selling off Eller for another pick.

I don't buy any sort of notable upside with Glass at this point, but he seems like a decent bottom-6 guy from what I can tell.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Man, Dubas is really scraping the bottom of the barrel…what happened to going after Ehlers, Laine and Nick Robertson for example lol?

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
One can at least see what Dubas is hoping for with Glass. So I don't have much snarky to say for a change. I mean... aside from the fact that training camp is basically pointless. But I never expected otherwise so long as Sullivan is around so whatever.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Bigger guy, can score and is smart. Also only 25. So I don’t see an issue with this. I hope it’s a player being moved out though, cuz we’re kinda full.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
One can at least see what Dubas is hoping for with Glass. So I don't have much snarky to say for a change. I mean... aside from the fact that training camp is basically pointless. But I never expected otherwise so long as Sullivan is around so whatever.
We have too many failed bottom six players that occupy spots on our team…do we have any contracts left? We don’t need more even semi young players in the bottom six…we need finishers for our top six lol

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I like that he's only 25 and has a high draft pedigree but don't know too much about him other than that.

The intriguing thing with Glass is that his profile is really similar to Bonino's, so he could be a really good fit in a 3C role here. If he can repeat what he did in 2022-2023, he's a damn good 3C.

His big issues are that he's a bad skater and he's injury prone.

Reactions: WickedWrister

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
We have too many failed bottom six players that occupy spots on our team…do we have any contracts left? We don’t need more even semi young players in the bottom six…we need finishers for our top six lol

Yeah I mean... welcome to the last like seven years of being a Penguins fan?

• Haha

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Man, Dubas is really scraping the bottom of the barrel…what happened to going after Ehlers, Laine and Nick Robertson for example lol?
No one has acquired those players, so who knows what the asking price is? And as much as I'd be interested in Robertson, the Leafs won't trade him to Pittsburgh as long as Dubas is here.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
A guy like Glass is exactly the kinda dude we should be targeting, has some good size, young at 25, cheapish, and still has some potential left.

Yep. I wouldn't be surprised if they use him on L1 tbh.

No one has acquired those players, so who knows what the asking price is? And as much as I'd be interested in Robertson, the Leafs won't trade him to Pittsburgh as long as Dubas is here.

Yeah anyone expecting Robertson is a fool. No chance in hell Toronto would send him here.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I remember Vegas drafting him and that’s about it. Really haven’t heard much since then.

Possession stats don’t look bad.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Treliving doesnt care about stuff like that. If it makes the Leafs better they will trade with Boston.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Don't expect cap to be going back to Nashville. They're up against it with a couple RFAs left.

Question is what the Pens gave up and any additional sweetness from Nashville, plus the domino that follows from the Pens roster.

Yeah anyone expecting Robertson is a fool. No chance in hell Toronto would send him here.
Pens are more likely to do a significant deal with the Flyers at this point than with Toronto.

Treliving doesnt care about stuff like that. If it makes the Leafs better they will trade with Boston.
Treliving doesn't have final say. Shanahan does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad