Post-Game Talk: Pens/Leafs - They won it for Miro (and Sully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
scott-hall-toothpick.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really hope Rust gets back and they put him with Smith and Malkin. Nylander is completely out of place in the NHL and they need something to spark that 2nd line. O'Connor looks passable on L1 with Guentzel and Crosby, so putting Rust with Malkin is a no brainer and would be a huge help for that 2nd line IMO.

Also I didn't notice Harkins at all today, but he was not on the ice for a shot attempt against and the 3rd line drove play tonight. I'm surprised they played as little as they did, the 4th line was cooking but the 3rd line also had a strong game. I'm not sure what Harkins does out there, but I'm fine with giving him another look.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
So, because this game was on the NHL NETWORK (fu NHL, bastards) I couldn’t see it. Was Hino an injury scratch for Harkins? Did Harkins play with Z Eller?

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
+ 4th line. Acciari and Nieto generated a lot of good traffic in front and I thought they really stood out relative to how we normally see out of our bottom six.

- 2nd line. Completely invisible out there.

++++ Goaltending. Jarry haters eat your heart out. We've been getting damn good goaltending lately and it's stolen us a couple games lately, especially because...

--- Third period effort. We basically turtled and generated nothing for 20 minutes. Can't do that and expect to win most nights.

------ PP. I know this topic has been beaten to death. But, watched the game with the leafs feed on and they were merciless in their criticism of the Pens PP all game. And they weren't wrong at all. They would mention how slow we were in the neutral zone right as Malkin would listlessly stroll towards the blue line and go offside. They talked about how the PP actively took momentum away from us. 26th in the league with Crosby/Malkin/Karlsson. You simply cannot have this go on.

Glad we won though! Unsustainably but two points is two points.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So, because this game was on the NHL NETWORK (fu NHL, bastards) I couldn’t see it. Was Hino an injury scratch for Harkins? Did Harkins play with Z Eller?

Yes, the 3rd line didn't play a ton tonight because the 4th line was cooking and Sullivan rode it a bit more.

The 3rd line didn't do poorly though, Harkins was literally not even on the ice for a shot attempt against (8-0 CF-CA in about 6 minutes of ice time). I'm not exactly sure what he does out there but I'm totally willing to give him a few more games to see what he can do if he can keep doing that.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I really hope Rust gets back and they put him with Smith and Malkin. Nylander is completely out of place in the NHL and they need something to spark that 2nd line. O'Connor looks passable on L1 with Guentzel and Crosby, so putting Rust with Malkin is a no brainer and would be a huge help for that 2nd line IMO.

Also I didn't notice Harkins at all today, but he was not on the ice for a shot attempt against and the 3rd line drove play tonight. I'm surprised they played as little as they did, the 4th line was cooking but the 3rd line also had a strong game. I'm not sure what Harkins does out there, but I'm fine with giving him another look.
Rusty is going right back with GCR sadly

Reactions: Andy99

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Jarry was good, at times great,
Letang real bounce back game.
third pair was suprisingly solid
not sure why he did not play third line as much..they were dominating on forecheck
I guess Acciari was flying so he was sending fourth line more
Geno as much time as Acciari exactly how I'd do..that line was the only one uncapable of holding on puck and not creating much...I agree that it would be nice to put Rust there to try to restart Smith and Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad