Post-Game Talk: Pens/Jackets. Flipped the switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
DOC seems the most obvious call up. He knows the system best and can be plug and play at C or W. Would add another faceoff taking PKer too, which makes it easier to reduce Carter's minutes

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
hahah love that comment from some guy on the pens cbj game, "Elvis has left the building, in tears."

Funny. Because it's true.
=P

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
DOC seems the most obvious call up. He knows the system best and can be plug and play at C or W. Would add another faceoff taking PKer too, which makes it easier to reduce Carter's minutes

It's only 4 games this season, but I think DOC has been getting destroyed in the faceoff circle.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
No, not really. Heinen and McGinn can play either wing. Plus Blueger is hurt.
I mean doesn’t have to be but the only RW option in Wilkes w a chance is Puusty and I doubt Sullivan does that since he sent him down last year after one pretty good game lol

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If POJ even just stagnates at the level of play he’s shown, he easily replaces Dumo while Smith slides in beside Rutta going forward.

If no one nose dives, our defense is looking f***ing AWESOME for the remainder of our competitive window. When have we been able to say that?

I would be extremely hesitant with saying that. POJ's playing like 15 minutes a night against what seems like easy competition. The jump from that to what Dumoulin plays against is astronomical. POJ's been solid in the last 4 games after a heinous opening night game, but solid in a sheltered #6 role and solid in a top pair role are 2 wildly different situations.

I hope they have some injuries this year so they can see how POJ does in that role. If POJ can't handle a top-4 role, you're stuck with the same issue of both Smith and POJ competing for the same spot.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I would be extremely hesitant with saying that. POJ's playing like 15 minutes a night against what seems like easy competition. The jump from that to what Dumoulin plays against is astronomical. POJ's been solid in the last 4 games after a heinous opening night game, but solid in a sheltered #6 role and solid in a top pair role are 2 wildly different situations.

I hope they have some injuries this year so they can see how POJ does in that role. If POJ can't handle a top-4 role, you're stuck with the same issue of both Smith and POJ competing for the same spot.

They dont need injuries to see. POJ has been thrown out there with Letang a few times after the PK. You can swap players during a game without someone getting hurt.

I mean doesn’t have to be but the only RW option in Wilkes w a chance is Puusty and I doubt Sullivan does that since he sent him down last year after one pretty good game lol

Sullivan also sent Jake down after he had 4pts goals in 5 games. Being sent down means nothing. Puusty needed to adjust to NA. He struggled in the second half last year.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Not a good sign for Jake…yikes…but I told,people Caligula would be recalled before DOC…

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
They dont need injuries to see. POJ has been thrown out there with Letang a few times after the PK. You can swap players during a game without someone getting hurt.

Playing POJ with Letang and L2 for a shift vs the other team's checking line isn't really the same as POJ getting multiple games vs oppo scoring lines.

And Sully's probably not going to do the latter without injuries.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Not a good sign for Jake…yikes…but I told,people Caligula would be recalled before DOC…

Poulin got recalled over DOC not Caggiula. Caggiula got recalled to sit in the box. Also Jake isnt on LTIR so that is a good sign.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Disagree 100%. They arent dumb to recall Poulin to ride the bench. Also Caggiula gets 10 games before becoming waiver eligible again. They will save those
They both might play if there’s another injury, which I wouldn’t be surprised about…but yeah I can see them rewardingPoulin with a call up and not playing him

Reactions: Gurglesons

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
To be honest, I'm not sure what forward they would call up. Hallander or DOC make sense to me if the emergency player is going to be on the 4th line. Nylander, Poulin, or Puustinen make sense for Top 9 placement. Heck, Poulin's been looking pretty good this season so I guess I'd be cool with him getting some 4th line minutes too though I wouldn't be thrilled about it.
Poulin and Caggiula, it turns out.

To be honest, completely forgot about Caggiula.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The only thing that concerns me with Poulin is that the numbers aren't showing up yet for how good he looks. Based on how he looked in the pre-season, I would have expected him to dominate in the AHL. Instead, he only has 1 goal in 4 games. For comparison, Smith is at 4 points in 4 games, which is the level of play I'd expect from him.

Curious to see how he looks when he gets in. They're not calling up Poulin to just sit him in the press box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,010.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis