Post-Game Talk: Pens/Flames

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Also...gotta say it. Sid is a slow starter so maybe that's all this is but the stuff he is doing defensively so far this season would get him into heaps of trouble with Mike Sullivan if it were Malkin playing like this instead of Sid.

His attention to detail on defense is horrific and he's making bad line changes and dogging it. Just real bad stuff.

He starts slow sometimes. Maybe that's all this is. But it's ugly
He’s looking more like Mike Johnston Sid than slow start Sid.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
- not good Defensive players (forwards)
- I disagree here. They have guy that can cover but everybody seems lost out there in the D zone. As if they don't know where they are supposed to be.
it's a hard call, but whatever is going on the forwards are not helping out. and when that happens it becomes much more difficult for the defensemen. (even good ones) although it seems HOG has the answer. :laugh:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think Sid's been pretty shit defensively for a while tbh. That's why the Madden "best 200ft player" shit is so goofy. :laugh:

Hope he snaps out of it, overall not just defensively, but we might just be seeing a 37 year old with no help from his wingers and age/mileage finally catching up to him.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012

It's nice that at least another bloke is paying attention to this as well.

I think Sid's been pretty shit defensively for a while tbh. That's why the Madden "best 200ft player" shit is so goofy. :laugh:

Hope he snaps out of it, overall not just defensively, but we might just be seeing a 37 year old with no help from his wingers and age/mileage finally catching up to him.
The fix isn't even that difficult, it's always been simple.

Remove Rust on his line for Rakell and watch Sid's play suddenly trend the right way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad