Proposal: Pens/Flames Blockbuster

jay caufield forhead

May 17, 2014
not telling you
Nobody in their right mind trades Gaudreau for a 30/31 year old Kessel, even if you add Guentzel(Nyquist), let alone adding Sam Bennett. Considering Guentzel wasn’t even playing in the NHL when he was Bennett’s age, I’d say the verdict is very much still out.
I did not say that the flames would trade johnny g straight up for kessel but adding Guentzel and bennet does even it out quite a bit. I said bennet is becoming a borderline bust and that Kessel does not need a top tier center to thrive.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I still think Bennett's going to be a real good player though not as confident as I once was. I think he will need a fresh start on a new team playing center to get back on the beam.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm curious, what do Flames fans think of Andersson vs Kylington? The Penguins currently have Oleksiak as their #5, who can play either side and have thrived at RD. That makes either Kylington or Andersson as attractive options. Which guy do you consider more NHL ready and with higher potential?

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Pitt has great RW depth, Flames have great LW depth. Let’s make a deal.

Phil Kessel
Jake Guentzel

For

Johnny Gaudreau
Sam Bennett

Johnny-Sid-Sprong
Hags-Malkin-Hornqvist
Bennett-Brass-Rust

Tkachuck-Monahan-Kessel
Guentzel-Backlund-Frolik

The reality of a trade this big happening is low but just for fun, who says no?

First, this is a hard pass for Pittsburgh. Jake is better than Bennett. What has Bennett done exactly. Don't think he is that good. Secondly, can you stop inflating Daniel Sprong. I hope he is moved in the offseason instead of me seeing him as a Penguin.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'm curious, what do Flames fans think of Andersson vs Kylington? The Penguins currently have Oleksiak as their #5, who can play either side and have thrived at RD. That makes either Kylington or Andersson as attractive options. Which guy do you consider more NHL ready and with higher potential?

I think Andersson is definitely more NHL ready. He has a much higher floor but Kylington likely has the higher potential but is very unlikely to reach it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad