Post-Game Talk: Pens f***ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Sully had Phil and Malkin arguing with him and then each other.

Not the first time Sullivan has created issues like that. He just got super quiet about it after and does it via benchings and bizarre utilization.
There's three sides to this story. The Phil side, The Malkin side, and the Sullivan side. The eye test leads me to believe there is more validity in the Sullivan side than the Phil side. The Malkin side was "they are putting my against each other and I want one of you gone."

Look, I loved Phil here. We got exactly what we needed out of him. I loved Sullivan here and hate him now but that doesn't re-write Phil's cringe ending his time here. He was not the same Phil as 2016.
Went down a second time lol…the gods are telling you don’t start this guy…gave up 4 goals when we played Minn earlier this season…and that was during a good stretch lol

Remember that scene in CaddyShack where Rodney Dangerfield gets hit with the ball during the final match and is like "oww...my arm!" to get out of playing?

Reactions: Andy99

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
29 regulation wins with this team.
Only 13 teams have worse regulation wins.
Bottom middling is about right.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Sid's gonna have a big game tonight and hit 1500 points.

Then we're gonna lose to Detroit on Saturday because that's how this team does things
Sid is also part of the problem. I think we overestimate his influence on game management, if nothing I think there is more Sully's influence on him than other way around...It stroke me his irritated response to a reporters question about Pens not pleying well: He kind of snapped and said "that's your opinion" I really think this delusion abouth how good they are and how they play game that has been perpetrated by Sully trickled down to the locker room and these guys don't think they need to change anything in their approach or game

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
There's three sides to this story. The Phil side, The Malkin side, and the Sullivan side. The eye test leads me to believe there is more validity in the Sullivan side than the Phil side. The Malkin side was "they are putting my against each other and I want one of you gone."

Look, I loved Phil here. We got exactly what we needed out of him. I loved Sullivan here and hate him now but that doesn't re-write Phil's cringe ending his time here. He was not the same Phil as 2016.

Remember that scene in CaddyShack where Rodney Dangerfield gets hit with the ball during the final match and is like "oww...my arm!" to get out of playing?
Lol…unfortunately Twitter saying Jarry is starting…gave up 4 goals last time at Minn..whatever…

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
If the Penguins lose tonight in regulation and Isles and Florida win that puts them 3 points ahead with the tie-breaker which means 4 points ahead of the penguins with 3 .... 3 games and 6 points remaining.

Loss tonight can be the beginning of the end.*

*with nyi and fla wins.

Reactions: Andy99

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If the Penguins lose tonight in regulation and Isles and Florida win that puts them 3 points ahead with the tie-breaker which means 4 points ahead of the penguins with 3 .... 3 games and 6 points remaining.

Loss tonight can be the beginning of the end.*

*with nyi and fla wins.
I don't want to be dramatic, but I do believe the remaining 4 games are "must-win" games for our playoff hopes. Otherwise, it's 100% dependent on "the other team losing".

Minny, Detroit, Chicago, CBJ

That SHOULD comfort a playoff capable team. The lack of strength in the schedule terrifies me. Those teams smell blood and would LOVE to be a factor in snapping the longest playoff streak in sports.

Reactions: LOGiK and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't want to be dramatic, but I do believe the remaining 4 games are "must-win" games for our playoff hopes. Otherwise, it's 100% dependent on "the other team losing".

Minny, Detroit, Chicago, CBJ

That SHOULD comfort a playoff capable team. The lack of strength in the schedule terrifies me. Those teams smell blood and would LOVE to be a factor in snapping the longest playoff streak in sports.
I think we have to win all 4 as well to have a chance, and of course that assumes Fla or Isles lose once…I think one of those teams probably loses once but I can see them running the table too…no way the Pens win all 4 games imo so it’s not looking good imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad