Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Trades Guentzel but extending Crosby.
yeah because Guentzel is more valuable then the franchise's all time leader in games, 2nd all time leading scorer/ point scorer, face of the franchise and the guy who sells all the tickets, guy who spoke out REPEATEDLY he has no intentions or desire to leave actually legitimately loves the city, and stated from day one he planed to play his entire career here. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
It's fine, it's just mindboggling how little direction the Pens have had in the last few years. Trying to compete, but not really. Selling, but just a little bit.

All in all, Pens have had an amazing 20 years and it's fine to go through a downtime, but Dubas will be remembered as a GM that prolonged the funk period rather than turn a corner.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I think this shows that Sid prioritizes retiring a PEN over money or winning at this point.

I get it. It would be cool to see him leave and join a super team or something. But I get it. He's preserving a legacy now.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Disappointing if true for league and Crosby himself. He's still a great player and will toil away his last years on a team he loves though is not and won't be competitive. Congrats to him if though if he's happy and the fans that don't want him to put on another jersey.
How is it dissapointing for him? Crosby is a pretty down to earth guy and i would assume he thinks he has nothing to prove anymore and chose the comfort of Pittsburgh.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I mean they traded for EK and made other moves to try and prolong the competitiveness of the roster but there is only so much you can do. Short of moving on from Crosby, Malkin, Letang era, I thought they've tried their best.

Ya, there’s the main board thread about them not even trying, and I’m just not sure what they should be doing. If the big 3 wanna stay you gotta honor that legacy, but I’d do the bare minimum to look like I’m trying as a GM/team and would just take better draft positions for a few years. Like- they’re a perimeter playoff team at very best if they buy big, and that’s just a silly long term proposition.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think this shows that Sid prioritizes retiring a PEN over money or winning at this point.

I get it. It would be cool to see him leave and join a super team or something. But I get it. He's preserving a legacy now.
Not sure he would have fetched $10 mill per over 3 years on the open market. He'd be the age that Stamkos would be at the conclusion of his contract with Nashville as a 2025 UFA.

Pitt isn't extending him with the goal of trading and retaining on that extension. So, if this does get signed, that ends all trade talk and he'll finish his career in Pitt.

He'd still good enough to help a good team contend for the Cup. Pitt isn't one of those clubs. But, it's always been his call whether he wanted to stay or go.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

StIvany4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Canadian media
1720453886016.jpeg

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Remaining a Penguin is more important for Crosby's legacy than chasing another ring at this point in his career. This was always going to get done. Personally I love seeing these franchise players stay with one team their whole careers and seeing Crosby in another jersey would have been weird. Good on everyone involved for getting it done.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Disappointing if true for league and Crosby himself. He's still a great player and will toil away his last years on a team he loves though is not and won't be competitive. Congrats to him if though if he's happy and the fans that don't want him to put on another jersey.
You know he can be traded at any point right? Especially if he wants out. If 3 rings are not enough and he still has fire burning, what would stop a trade from happening?

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Sid stepped in and helped facilitate Malkin and Letang signing retirement contracts when it was becoming clear Hextall was content on letting them walk.

It would be a pretty big dick move to leave after that.

Pens would be in a better place if Malkin and Letang were gone and they wisely allocated that cap space. They didn’t and now it is what it is. Sid is gonna stay and go down with the ship.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Remaining a Penguin is more important for Crosby's legacy than chasing another ring at this point in his career. This was always going to get done. Personally I love seeing these franchise players stay with one team their whole careers and seeing Crosby in another jersey would have been weird. Good on everyone involved for getting it done.
Amen to this

f*** the Penguins. f*** Crosby.

But I get it.

Reactions: D Wakaluk

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
How is it dissapointing for him? Crosby is a pretty down to earth guy and i would assume he thinks he has nothing to prove anymore and chose the comfort of Pittsburgh.
Well he's a competitive person and coming into season knowing your a bubble team at best isn't inspiring. Regardless congratulations to him if this is what he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad