Proposal: Pens and Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Though rivals I think a trade could be made. Rangers D could use a boost and Pens wingers could use a boost.

D. Pouliot

For

JT Miller or K. Hayes

I say Miller or Hayes because I'm not entirely sure of how they are valued but I believe either one is fair

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If Pouliot is going out, I'd add a small + and want Kreider back.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
We already have a log jam on defense as is. So I Wouldn't trade Kreider or JT. Maybe Hayes.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Though rivals I think a trade could be made. Rangers D could use a boost and Pens wingers could use a boost.

D. Pouliot

For

JT Miller or K. Hayes

I say Miller or Hayes because I'm not entirely sure of how they are valued but I believe either one is fair

Hayes is coming off a pretty poor year so NYR probably wont get the value they feel he is worth. Miller is the opposite and coming off a very good year and is definitely worth way more than Pouliot at the moment

The other issue is Pouliot hasnt quite established himself on the NHL level yet and could very well still fizzle out

You have Pouliot who has only played 56 NHL games vs Hayes (158 nhl games) and Miller (196 nhl games)

Even though Pouliot is worth more than Hayes (at the moment), NYR still shouldnt make that trade until they see more from Pouliot and see how Hayes rebounds after a sophomore slump

PIT definitely adds to Pouliot for Miller IMO.

NYR probably has a small add to Hayes for Pouliot if they do it before Hayes plays his next game

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Hayes for Pouliot could be worked out valuewise. No chance we can get Miller though.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Hayes is coming off a pretty poor year so NYR probably wont get the value they feel he is worth. Miller is the opposite and coming off a very good year and is definitely worth way more than Pouliot at the moment

The other issue is Pouliot hasnt quite established himself on the NHL level yet and could very well still fizzle out

You have Pouliot who has only played 56 NHL games vs Hayes (158 nhl games) and Miller (196 nhl games)

Even though Pouliot is worth more than Hayes (at the moment), NYR still shouldnt make that trade until they see more from Pouliot and see how Hayes rebounds after a sophomore slump

NYR probably has a small add to Hayes for Pouliot if they do it before Hayes plays his next game

I would do Pouliot for Hayes straight up, I think he could help us out greatly. What/how much does Pitt have to add for Miller? Picks or players?

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Absolutely no way I trade a young forward to Pit.

Seeing Hagelin on that team already makes me sick.

LHD is not preferable either way, while the value is pretty fair.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I would do Pouliot for Hayes straight up, I think he could help us out greatly. What/how much does Pitt have to add for Miller? Picks or players?

Miller is too young for us to trade for picks. He's been trending upward. It would take a player we feel would help us a lot more than Miller. Rangers would want somebody better, which kinda' defeats the purpose of penguins trading for him. I think if Miller goes, he's apart of a package bringing in a better player, not for quantity pieces coming back.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Absolutely no way I trade a young forward to Pit.

Seeing Hagelin on that team already makes me sick.

LHD is not preferable either way, while the value is pretty fair.

I agree. It was hard to watch him in the playoffs absolutely dismantle us. For Hayes, it is pretty decent value. No way Kreider or Miller go to Pitt with Pouliot being the centerpiece of a deal.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If Pouliot is going out, I'd add a small + and want Kreider back.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Kreider not going.

Rare almost complete agree, except I think NY could do Pouiliot if we could agree on the currency - though that likely is a tall order

Would be great if it were something like Staal +Zuc for Puiliot and correct add

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I doubt Rutherford would move Pouliot for Hayes and I doubt NY would consider moving Miller/Kreider for him. I almost wonder if Buchnevich or Kovac is a more realistic target for DP.

DP is in an unfortunate spot. Despite what some Ranger fans have alluded to, when he's played up, he's played very well and has easily shown that he can play at this level. He didn't play himself out of a spot last spring so much as Rutherford acquiring Schultz and instantly giving JS Pouliot's spot. JS played very well, and that was the end of the line for DP. The same goes for JS resigning. That spot would have been DPs no questions asked... instead he's going to have to fight for every minute he gets. Not the end of the world, but due to how our D is made up, and how Sully/JR like RHD playing their side, it doesn't look good for DP.

A team that might actually be a valid destination would be New Jersey. Both because of their D and because of Shero. I'm just not sure what they have that they'd give up that makes sense for PIT.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
As a Rangers fan, I wouldn't do this deal. Definitely not for JT Miller, and Hayes I think will have a rebound season...he's got too much size and potential to fade away after 2 seasons.

And it's nothing against Pouliot, who I'm sure is a fine player. But unless we find a way to move another defenseman out, it will just create an unnecessary logjam back there.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Sorry - I forgot how over-hyped prospects who haven't played NHL games are on HF. My bad.

Technically, would cost us Maatta or Dumoulin...but even then...I guess maybe if we added a pick or two. :laugh:

I would honestly rather keep Pouliot. We know we have something. Worst case, he's a solid bottom pairing PMD. Best case, top pairing PMD - PPQB. Likely, second pairing PMD, 1st/2nd PPQB.

Worst things to have.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
Sorry - I forgot how over-hyped prospects who haven't played NHL games are on HF. My bad.

I didn't ridicule your proposal like most would...you asked and I answered, that's it. I forgot how over-sensitive HF posters are who don't properly value players in trades.

I'm not even going to address the Rangers absolute need to keep Buchnevich. And while Kovacs isn't a deal breaker, there's no point in moving him right now unless he's included in a package to acquire a piece we really need.

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013

When you have literally the worst farm in the league, you might want to hang onto the few guys who actually have top 6 potential... Buchnevich for one should not be dealt at all, period

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I don't think the Rangers would ever Trade Buchnevich--and rightfully so. He's our best prospect that hasn't yet played in the NHL. Adding Zibby did make us younger, but Buch could still be better.

I'd do Hayes for Pouliot. Unfortunately I think we need a RHD--that's really our weakness right now. The LHD is pretty logjammed:

McDonagh
Staal
Holden
Skjei
Graves

Granted I think Staal is moved soon but you never know.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

No, You should be sorry for getting your panties in a twist because you didn't like the answer you got.

Would you trade a top prospect for a player in Pouliot's situation? I wouldn't and I don't think you would.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Technically, would cost us Maatta or Dumoulin...but even then...I guess maybe if we added a pick or two. :laugh:

I would honestly rather keep Pouliot. We know we have something. Worst case, he's a solid bottom pairing PMD. Best case, top pairing PMD - PPQB. Likely, second pairing PMD, 1st/2nd PPQB.

Worst things to have.

Sounds good. We'll keep our overhyped prospects and you can keep your middling player who you can write a world of excuses for as to why he hasn't stuck in what really isn't a deep defense.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
Sounds good. We'll keep our overhyped prospects and you can keep your middling player who you can write a world of excuses for as to why he hasn't stuck in what really isn't a deep defense.

Not so much stuck, but rather is the guy who can not be lost by being sent down. Plus, let's not forget that A few years ago, Schultz was what Vessey is this off season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad