Proposal: Pens and Habs Blockbuster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Chit chat or nit pick away! Who says no?

I think Crosby/Letang waive to go to Montreal. Letang already showed interest and Crosby was a Habs fan growing up. Might be too premature of a move for the Habs but wondering what each fan base says to this. Pens look to be in rebuild denial IMO. I think Crosby and Letang are good bridges to the youth in development in the Habs system (Reinbacher, Hage, Mailloux, Beck)

* Dach (2 more years left then one RFA)
* Flames/Panthers pick
* Barron
* Anderson (to even out the cap in/out)
* Possible other adds TBD
for
* Crosby (NMC... signed from 37-39)
* Letang (NMC... signed from 37-40)

Last edited:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Chit chat or nit pick away! Who says no?

I think Crosby/Letang waive to go to Montreal. Letang already showed interest and Crosby was a Habs fan growing up. Might be too premature of a move for the Habs but wondering what each fan base says to this. Pens look to be in rebuild denial IMO. I think Crosby and Letang are good bridges to the youth in development in the Habs system (Reinbacher, Hage, Mailloux, Beck)

* Dach (2 more years left then one RFA)
* Flames/Panthers pick
* Barron
* Anderson (to even out the cap in/out)
* Possible other adds TBD
for
* Crosby (NMC... signed from 37-39)
* Letang (NMC... signed from 37-40)

Before people start mocking deluded Canadiens fans and their absurd trades, please understand this guy does not represent the fanbase in any way, shape or form.

This is absolutely absurd.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Depends on the Pens direction but I don't have them making the playoffs. You guys can laugh all day if you wish but Pens will be in rebuild denial.

Crosby is not finishing that contract with the Pens. I think this is a respectful offer for two guys at age 37 and with full NMC.

Not even sure I'd make this trade consider the Habs are in rebuild or transition out of the rebuild.

Pittsburgh has no incentive to do this. Very bad and very weird proposal.

Pens have started well but I don't have them making the playoffs. Lets see how it ages this season.

I don't think it's a bad proposal considering both Crosby and Letang are 37 with full NMC's. Both waive to Montreal IMO.

I don't think it's weird or bad at all. This is about the Pens and Habs directions. Habs possibly push themselves up and Pens focus on a rebuild. Rebuild is coming IMO and Pens will miss the playoffs.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
outrageous-egregious-preposterous-jackie-chiles.png

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad