Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Definitely needed that.

+ No Rowney or Hunwick

+ Ruh with a strong game

+ Brassard with a sweet goal and showed some nice puck skills tonight. Once he and Kessel gel, it’ll be fun to watch.

-/+ Geno/Sid. Geno was dumb and Sid was lazy. I’m glad Sid got the winner, though.

Reactions: zero8771

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
They could have gotten frustrated, but they gutted it out and played a full 60 minutes. Good stuff.

Sometimes, you play the wrong way, and you get so much puck luck and have so much swagger, it comes easy anyway.

Other times, you play the right way, but you can't buy a bounce, and it just seems so hard.

Tonight was one of those 'other times'. And, yes, they found a way. They really needed this win.

We've got the Flames at home on Monday, at Philly on Wednesday, at Toronto on Saturday, and then home for Dallas on Sunday. Going to be a very telling 8 days. It was a lot better today. Personnel changes had a lot to do with it, but the Isles transition offense was so SLOW it's hard to know how much better it truly was.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Played great as a team and no Rowney/Hunwick

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I knew we'd win after that kill, but it never should have come to that. So many low quality shots gave the illusion that we were in control when we weren't, it was Capitals-esque. Jarry was pretty good and our offense did just enough, but man, it's kind of disgusting that we made Chris Gibson look like he belongs in the NHL (he doesn't).

I think that’s harsh. They needed to crash the net more and make life harder for Gibson but they were in control for a lot of that game

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
a much needed win.

They were the better team today... a loss would have been extra demoralizing.

Reactions: td_ice

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I knew we'd win after that kill, but it never should have come to that. So many low quality shots gave the illusion that we were in control when we weren't, it was Capitals-esque. Jarry was pretty good and our offense did just enough, but man, it's kind of disgusting that we made Chris Gibson look like he belongs in the NHL (he doesn't).
maybe we didn't dominate as much as the numbers said, but we were absolutely in control the whole damn game.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Outside of Barzal and Tavares that Islanders team is a dumpster fire. The Pens should not have had that much trouble with them.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
haha did anyone see that replay on the winning goal?

Sid had the most stoic look on his face while he was celebrating the goal...he's been emotionless for a while and its definitely hurting his game too.

Probably holds himself to a high enough standard to be pissed at his own play.

That or Recchi is undermining his leadership again. Either or.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Like to see them rewarded for making the right roster decisions.
Man this D is one injury away from becoming absolutely putrid again.
So pray to your Hockey God daily folks. 2 times a day if you can.

If there’s an injury on D it’s got to be Corrado over Hunwick. After that we haven’t seen many of them in the nhl this season so idk and we’ll call it a toss up. Matt f***ing Hunwick has to the 8D at the highest.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It's possible that he was behind getting Reaves and he's not happy he's gone. I always thought Ryan was for Sid, not Geno.

Geno instigated that too. Remember, who was the team's default fighter/tough guy last year? It was Geno . . . he was tired of having to be the guy to respond physically or fight when other team's would start kicking the crap out of the Pens.

Outside of Barzal and Tavares that Islanders team is a dumpster fire. The Pens should not have had that much trouble with them.

They didn't have trouble with the Isles. They had trouble scoring. Prime example was Geno. He was getting looks where a week ago he'd have potted 3 on his 7 looks tonight.

Really liked HGR like most, but something was just slightly off. Maybe it was Rust coming back onto the line and needing a few games to get back into the 'away from Sid' groove. But, it also seems like Geno has lost a touch of that swagger . . . not all of it, because he's fine, but a touch.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I think that’s harsh. They needed to crash the net more and make life harder for Gibson but they were in control for a lot of that game

maybe we didn't dominate as much as the numbers said, but we were absolutely in control the whole damn game.

We're a vastly more talented team and that was evident, but it did not feel like we were "in control". Perhaps we simply define control differently.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It was a rough game but well played.
tenor.gif

Reactions: KIRK

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
We're a vastly more talented team and that was evident, but it did not feel like we were "in control". Perhaps we simply define control differently.

I understand the thinking, but I think Islanders fans will tell you the Pens were absolutely in control. Aside from Barzal the Islanders generated nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad