Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Enh, I love the pettiness. Jets fans chants are always on point.

When Ryan Miller came back from the Olympics and they chanted "Sil-ver Me-dal!":

View attachment 920932
I've got no problem with the fans being petty. That's what fans are for.

I'm more making fun of the players themselves apparently also being upset they couldn't give it to McGroarty. Those players should have bigger things on their mind but I guess given Winnipeg's recent playoff performances they don't.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I've got no problem with the fans being petty. That's what fans are for.

I'm more making fun of the players themselves apparently also being upset they couldn't give it to McGroarty. Those players should have bigger things on their mind but I guess given Winnipeg's recent playoff performances they don't.
Ah I got you. Yeah they should have more pressing concerns.

Reactions: Pancakes

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It will be interesting to see if any teams make an early trade. I have to think Dubas would at least be willing to listen. We have a few pieces that could entice other teams:

Calgary - wants a center - Eller
Nashville - wants a center - Hayes
Utah - might want LD - Gryz
Colorado - wants a goalie - Jarry or Neds
Montreal - may want to get rid of a couple of guys - pay to send them here and they replace anyone we sent out.

Lean out the roster and bring up the kids.

McGroarty-Sid-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
Puustinen-Glass-Puljujarvi
Poulin-Lizotte-Acciari

Pickering-Letang
Pettersson-Karlsson
Aho-JSI-Shea

Blomqvist

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
Utah took hits to their RD and want a rental. It's why they asked about Provorov.

Calgary wants a RH C.
Colorado might want a goalie, but Annunen has been playing better and Bednar is letting Georgiev play through it and had a better game recently.

And I don't think anyone wants Hayes lol.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It will be interesting to see if any teams make an early trade. I have to think Dubas would at least be willing to listen. We have a few pieces that could entice other teams:

Lean out the roster and bring up the kids.
McGroarty doesn't even have a point in WBS yet. Not sure forcing him onto Sid's line is the answer for Sid or him.

If I were Dubas I'd probably let October play out before doing trades unless there's some desperate team out there willing to overpay for something we have. But for me, see where this roster is at by the end of October. Most likely this team is already in a deep hole by then. The schedule isn't kind and they don't look good. But see how it goes. It will be easier to do early selling if the team is already looking grim standings-wise by the end of the month.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
McGroarty doesn't even have a point in WBS yet. Not sure forcing him onto Sid's line is the answer for Sid or him.

If I were Dubas I'd probably let October play out before doing trades unless there's some desperate team out there willing to overpay for something we have. But for me, see where this roster is at by the end of October. Most likely this team is already in a deep hole by then. The schedule isn't kind and they don't look good. But see how it goes. It will be easier to do early selling if the team is already looking grim standings-wise by the end of the month.
Fine:

Acciari-Sid-Rust
Bunt-Geno-Raks
Puusy-Glass-PoolParty
McGroarty-Lizotte-Poulin

Better?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Fine:

Acciari-Sid-Rust
Bunt-Geno-Raks
Puusy-Glass-PoolParty
McGroarty-Lizotte-Poulin

Better?
Nah just let him play top six minutes in the AHL for now and then hopefully in a month or two he's been tearing it up down there and forces his way back up. But why rush? Just because the Pens big league club is bad? That's not a good reason to me.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Nah just let him play top six minutes in the AHL for now and then hopefully in a month or two he's been tearing it up down there and forces his way back up. But why rush? Just because the Pens big league club is bad? That's not a good reason to me.
I wasn't being serious.

For that other lineup, that was also prefaced with Dubas making four trades. So it's hardly a realistic premise to start with.

Reactions: Pancakes

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Yeah I don’t really care what all four Jets fans think.

I do care that we are doing our best to ruin our best prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad