Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don’t see Utah doing that Karlsson deal either and I doubt they’d move Hayton for anything short of some insane over payment and Hayton struggling enough for them to consider it. Armstrong has an owner now that isn’t a muppet, I don’t see him doing anything but adding maybe some veteran depth if they go on a decent enough run into clinching a playoff berth in their first year in Utah.

From what I can see on their roster - Probably a 4th line RW, a RHD, and maybe a depth goalie as most in case something happens to Vej or Ingram. Given that Durzi and Marino are going to return and they have Kesselring, I don’t see Karlsson as an option either. A rental at best maybe.

Also, Hayton is on their top line, he’s their #1 C right now with Cooley 2C and Kerfoot 3C. They’d probably me more interested in adding Acciari for that 4th line RW and a depth d-man if one of their injured D isn’t close in their rehab by the TDL (Marino is set to return mid to late February, Durzi possibly April - rehab is not always the same as we know).

The issue for Utah is they have a lot of LHD - Sergachev, Kolyachonok, Valimaki, and Cole.
Their healthy RHD - Kesselring, Bortuzzo, and rookie Lamoureux.

I would choose violence if a bloke did that at my place.

I think that Utah would be interested at EK65 if we are retaining 50%.

Big name to add to a team that is a new market. EK65 only has two years left after this one so he doesn't really effect their cap picture. At 50% he is making less than Durzi.

I think they'd deal their 2026 1st given they have 3 2nds that year.

He also adds a ton of elite talent that they simply aren't going to get for cheaper to that top 4 D core.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Jets players were disappointed Rutger McGroarty didn’t last on the NHL roster until Pittsburgh/Winnipeg on Sunday. (They’ll just have to be content with a 6-0 start.) Two things can be true: McGroarty is entitled to work the CBA as he wishes, and fans are entitled to make their feelings known.
From Friedman. I don't know what's up with the Jets and their fans but they always come across as super sensitive. Imagine as an NHL player caring about what some prospect did. Not like Rutger openly trashed the city or organization

Reactions: Sideline

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This early why would any GM go and make a move that will screw their cap up or make the move without allowing options from within to get a chance first.

I like that they’re giving lads like Kesselring, Kolyachonok, Koch, and Lamoureux a shot in addition to Bortuzzo. It must be nice to be a fan teams that play youth.
It is but to be fair, if we had Karlsson and Pettersson go down we'd be playing Shea, JSI, Aho, Pickering, etc. But make no mistake, once Durzi and Marino are healthy, they are going in and a couple of those young kids are coming out. But I get what you're saying.

It would be slick if we could get Brunicke to the AHL next year. I'm thankful that Pettersson is a UFA and will net us a decent return, and Gryz is only on a one-year deal. It has the potential to open up two additional spots next year. You can look to give one to either Pickering or Brunicke, but then you could also bring in a guy and get paid to do it from a cap-strapped team—something like Liljegren from Toronto for a 2026 third.
From Friedman. I don't know what's up with the Jets and their fans but they always come across as super sensitive. Imagine as an NHL player caring about what some prospect did. Not like Rutger openly trashed the city or organization
I underestimated the emotional damage Rutger left in his rear-view mirror. So bizarre given that they got Yager back.

Granted, it's been a good long while (if ever) since a prospect wanted out of Pittsburgh. But I imagine I'd be taking the Torts on Gauthier stance of "he wanted out and he's gone, done talking about him, let's talk about Drysdale who is now on the team". It's Philly and Torts but I thought that was a classy response to the situation.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

I remember people on here being upset that Blaine Byron, a 6th rounder, decided to not sign with the Penguins. :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
What teams were he on during those games? I have a feeling most were with SJS? We feasted on them the first half of the 90s. Those numbers are almost not bad.
All we can know for sure is that the coaches that played him, used him the way he uses players in the bottom 6. The average ice time he got is comical. Its like he knows how shitty it feels but he does it to others like he doesn't.

What a dick head.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
Sacramento, CA
All we can know for sure is that the coaches that played him, used him the way he uses players in the bottom 6. The average ice time he got is comical. Its like he knows how shitty it feels but he does it to others like he doesn't.

What a dick head.
Sabotaging careers so players don't pass him on the all time points list.

Being #3,546,788 is very important for such a narcissistic coach.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia

I feel like Winnipeg is even more sensitive to this than most given 1 - they've already lost an NHL team once and 2 - the slag their city gets for being an iced over trash heap, be this true or not. I'm not saying it is, I've certainly never been.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I have a feeling we will be 1of the 2 teams involved in the next trade!
Lot of teams seems to be looking for centers. we hae a LOT of centers. problem is we have more of the bottom 6 types. Or we somehow trick someone to take on Jarry, Or get some kind of mid-asset back for Ned.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I think that Utah would be interested at EK65 if we are retaining 50%.

Big name to add to a team that is a new market. EK65 only has two years left after this one so he doesn't really effect their cap picture. At 50% he is making less than Durzi.

I think they'd deal their 2026 1st given they have 3 2nds that year.

He also adds a ton of elite talent that they simply aren't going to get for cheaper to that top 4 D core.
I'd be shocked to be honest, I think right now only 2 1st rounders have been traded for that year and one of them will probably be a 2025 pick ( Calgary to Montreal)

Pretty sure everyone will want a shot at Gavin McKenna even at 0. whatever %. That's my opinion.
You have a much better shot at acquiring a 2025 pick

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario

Mike Sullivan:

shocked-what.gif

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
This is false but I guess whatever helps you sleep at night.

Reality is that they were a possession hound that kept the puck out of their zone. When the puck got in the zone the same issues as now were there.
Absolutely Pejorative Slured take. They were the best shot blocking team in the league, you literally just make shit up.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
I don't find any of this entertaining in the least. It is depressing, especially because there is no reason to think anything is going to change for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Jets players being disappointed that McGroarty didn't play against them is funny.

Maybe they should stop focusing on why he left that frozen hell hole and worry about actually doing anything in the playoffs instead. That team has been a bunch of playoff chokers for years.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Absolutely Pejorative Slured take. They were the best shot blocking team in the league, you literally just make shit up.

We were 7th in GA per 60 in the playoffs. 5th in xGA per 60. 9th in terms of HDCA per 60.

We were never a team that thrived defensively. We got away with it because we were a high possesion team.

Also not surprised you'd say Pejorative Slured.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Jets players being disappointed that McGroarty didn't play against them is funny.

Maybe they should stop focusing on why he left that frozen hell hole and worry about actually doing anything in the playoffs instead. That team has been a bunch of playoff chokers for years.
Enh, I love the pettiness. Jets fans chants are always on point.

When Ryan Miller came back from the Olympics and they chanted "Sil-ver Me-dal!":

1729798703054.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad