Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Utah just lost Durzi and Marino for around 4 months. I think they're a prime candidate to trade for Pettersson. They have an outrageous amount of futures and will have pressure to make the playoffs this season
Their GM just said very recently that they aren't going to make any panic moves.

Before they picked up Sergs, Marino, and Durzi, I suggested Graves for Kerfoot but not sure that makes sense now for either side.

We aren't great trading partners with them right now but I could see something in the future if they are in it at the TDL. I'd love to figure out something with Pettersson and get Barrett Hayton back.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Their GM just said very recently that they aren't going to make any panic moves.

Before they picked up Sergs, Marino, and Durzi, I suggested Graves for Kerfoot but not sure that makes sense now for either side.

We aren't great trading partners with them right now but I could see something in the future if they are in it at the TDL. I'd love to figure out something with Pettersson and get Barrett Hayton back.

Why would a team looking to be a contender in the next few years move their young 2C for an older LHD when they are stacked with prospects at that position?

Kerfoot for Graves also makes no sense for Utah either.

I’d do something like Erik Karlsson at 50% retained for Utah’s 1st and Valimaki.

Doobler is smiling because he duped another group of suckers into paying him millions of dollars.

And what a team it will be. Perhaps it will be reminiscent of Doobler’s playoff juggernauts he built in Toronto (after inheriting the best young core they ever had, no less)?

Yeah, it’s like people don’t realize how bad Dubas was in Toronto.

If Kyle is smiling, you know he’s about to take one to the chin.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I know others don’t want to hear it, but does it even make sense to be a decent to slightly above average hockey team anymore?

We don’t have what it takes to win anything meaningful. I would rather suffer through an awful year or two and get some youth in this system to be excited about.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So the team is already on a 3 game losing streak and their next 3 games are against the Oilers, Canucks and Wild. Yeah, October is about to be an ugly month
I find myself not that upset at the prospects of them being trash after October just to see what this f***ing organization will do.

If we're sitting at 3-8 after October and they still refuse to fire Sullivan (or there aren't even rumblings of it), then I'm out completely. If FSG doesn't care about the on-ice product, why should I?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I find myself not that upset at the prospects of them being trash after October just to see what this f***ing organization will do.

If we're sitting at 3-8 after October and they still refuse to fire Sullivan (or there aren't even rumblings of it), then I'm out completely. If FSG doesn't care about the on-ice product, why should I?

The only joy would be a top 5 prospect who is NHL ready could completely reshape the next few years especially if we move out a ton of contracts at the TDL.

The issue would be we’d probably still not fire Sullivan.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The only joy would be a top 5 prospect who is NHL ready could completely reshape the next few years especially if we move out a ton of contracts at the TDL.

The issue would be we’d probably still not fire Sullivan.
And he'd completely mishandle that top prospect's development.

He'd be the type who'd get a player like Bedard or Michkov and try and turn them into Jordan Staal.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Why would a team looking to be a contender in the next few years move their young 2C for an older LHD when they are stacked with prospects at that position?

Kerfoot for Graves also makes no sense for Utah either.

I’d do something like Erik Karlsson at 50% retained for Utah’s 1st and Valimaki.
I didn't say it would Petts for Hayton 1:1.

Prior to them getting Sergs, Marino, and Durzi making a trade for a LD DID make sense...hence why they made TWO trades for LD.

Utah would never do what you just proposed and quite frankly neither would we. Adding another starting goalie shouldn't be on our to-do list.

Back 2 back though... amirite? Come over with some popcorn and we can chill and watch the championship DVDs together.
Gurgs seems like the kind of guy that would bring a cube of Keystone light and get Cheeto dust on your couch cushions. You sure?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad